Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 04:42 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,821 times

Advertisements

Those Toyotas that have been recalled are mostly less than five years old. Mine is older and better built. It had a recall once. Very harmless situation.

I would buy a Toyota again, in the form of a Lexus. But I am intrigued by the 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 litre, which is of course, much less expensive than my dream, a Lexus ISF.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:45 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
You'd be amazed how many of those Scottsdale BMWs and Mercedes are parked under a carport at some apartment complex.

Dude is just trying to get laid.
LOL, well he's got the wrong car for it. In Phoenix, you need an F350, diesel dually. There's a reason they call the back part of a pickup a "bed".

Old 01-24-2010, 04:55 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,019,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Those Toyotas that have been recalled are mostly less than five years old. Mine is older and better built. It had a recall once. Very harmless situation.

I would buy a Toyota again, in the form of a Lexus. But I am intrigued by the 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 litre, which is of course, much less expensive than my dream, a Lexus ISF.
They are less than 5 years old but the newer Toyotas have had MANY problems especially compared to Ford and GM models, and it isn't a very harmless situation as there have already been hundreds of accidents and many deaths from the recall situation that was delayed and blamed on floor mats!

Toyota still doesn't know what the real problem is and "working on a fix." Lexus' are ok but they share too much in common with Toyotas. I know many girls/women who know NOTHING about cars but confuse or can link Lexus' to Toyotas but wouldn't know that a Caddy is in the GM family.

I don't like Lexus either because I'm not too keen on a "luxury" brand that was built specifically for American markets and were just a dressed up version of their lesser brand. This was a near death experience of the American car company consolidations and luckily the realization of variation and separation occurred!

EDIT: Howard, sorry, I misread your original quote about YOUR recall situation being a harmless situation! I apologize.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 01-24-2010 at 05:07 PM..

Old 01-24-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
You'd be amazed how many of those Scottsdale BMWs and Mercedes are parked under a carport at some apartment complex.

Dude is just trying to get laid.
He should do something much cheaper and will attract many more ladies; get a gay friend, LOL!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:59 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Let's get it back on topic...I see a light at the end of the tunnel...

Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM

What's the topic? Oh yeah? Rich people. All over the place.

You see, this is snowbird season. Phoenix is the fifth or sixth largest metro area in the U.S. Combined, that means a lot of people are attracted to this city at some time of year. We got ASU football, we got Cardinals. We got golf. We got the auto shows, we got spring training. And March madness at times.

So there is a lot of attention turned to Phoenix from colder climes.

My buddy and I were in Sapporo once. Some man in his 50s was at the bar next to my buddy, as I arrived late. The man claimed to be back from Africa after several months. Claimed a net worth of $5 million. Pot bellied as heck. Certainly to attract the young gals right? Wore a plaid short sleeved button downed shirt like a school boy of the 1960s. Good for him.

Then of course out in front at the outside bar where young attractive females gather, is the big show. The Valet parking. Yes, Ferraris, and other italian sports cars that I cannot spell. Fettucini, lambhorgini, bikini, whatever.

In LA I hardly ever go to meat markets like that. The last time, my Chinese-American girlfriend and I went to a new Japanese restaurant in Beverly Hills. The decor was beyond words. The young white (LOL) waiters and waitresses were in japanese garb - kimonos. We ordered some dish based on Tofu. Funny thing. The appetizer was Tofu. The main meal Tofu. the dessert Tofu. I could hardly tell the difference. After $300.00 and I took my girlfriend home, then I went to my apartment and had a peanut butter sandwich. At that point I satisfied my hunger!

Like that? It's the truth!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
What's the topic? Oh yeah? Rich people. All over the place.

You see, this is snowbird season. Phoenix is the fifth or sixth largest metro area in the U.S. Combined, that means a lot of people are attracted to this city at some time of year. We got ASU football, we got Cardinals. We got golf. We got the auto shows, we got spring training. And March madness at times.

So there is a lot of attention turned to Phoenix from colder climes.

My buddy and I were in Sapporo once. Some man in his 50s was at the bar next to my buddy, as I arrived late. The man claimed to be back from Africa after several months. Claimed a net worth of $5 million. Pot bellied as heck. Certainly to attract the young gals right? Wore a plaid short sleeved button downed shirt like a school boy of the 1960s. Good for him.

Then of course out in front at the outside bar where young attractive females gather, is the big show. The Valet parking. Yes, Ferraris, and other italian sports cars that I cannot spell. Fettucini, lambhorgini, bikini, whatever.

In LA I hardly ever go to meat markets like that. The last time, my Chinese-American girlfriend and I went to a new Japanese restaurant in Beverly Hills. The decor was beyond words. The young white (LOL) waiters and waitresses were in japanese garb - kimonos. We ordered some dish based on Tofu. Funny thing. The appetizer was Tofu. The main meal Tofu. the dessert Tofu. I could hardly tell the difference. After $300.00 and I took my girlfriend home, then I went to my apartment and had a peanut butter sandwich. At that point I satisfied my hunger!

Like that? It's the truth!
LOL! Some more funny true stories...well this first: that pot bellied 50 year old can use some gay friends too...we might be able to work with the belly but the plaid must go then we'd work on the gut.

I once had a plaid baby blanket (ugh!) that my mom says I would "always manage to throw up on!" Geez mom I wonder why? Even as a new born I had great fashion sense!

When I was younger I also used to throw plaid or shirts with weird or "cute" (mom's description) graphics or cartoonish figures into a pile and refuse to wear them! Um, yeah, hello mom, gross!

She has one of those video tape thingys (who uses video tapes anymore? that would be my dad, luckily my mom "accidentally broke the huge camera and goes digital now) of me throwing those dumb shirts over my shoulder into a pile from the drawer.

And then there was the time of the huge fashion crisis of 1986 when I had the most awesome tux for a wedding and my dad thought it would be cool if I wore tennis shoes with it! It wasn't my birthday but I sure did cry like it was until my mom put on the right shoes! If my dad wasn't married to my mom I'm sure he'd leave the house with a short sleeved, plaid shirt!

I've never been to Sapporo but I've had the beer...I never really pay attention to the cars or the Scottsdale things when I head out that way but now I'm gonna look, LOL! $300 for tofu! Hell no! Give me real, meaty food and cook with some real butter or some chile and cheese! Tofu...

Old 01-24-2010, 06:59 PM

Well it's probably too cold to be in the outside bar at Sapporo's this time of year. Although they have those heat lamp things...

Old 01-24-2010, 07:01 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Is Sapporo a fairly recent nightclub? I never heard of that one.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Well it's probably too cold to be in the outside bar at Sapporo's this time of year. Although they have those heat lamp things...
I love those things! They are pretty...those propane heat lamps that is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area