Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM

24 posts, read 44,456 times

Advertisements

Howdy again folks !! First I wanted to say thanks a ton for everything ya'll helped with getting us moved to Tempe. We love it here !!! Okay .... we wanted to poll ya'll and test the market. Subject : Boiled Peanuts ( regular and Cajun style ) We are seriously considering marketing boiled peanuts by the bag ( like a zip lock ) Quart size. We want to stock all the local convenience stores. They will be Southern Style salted boiled peanuts and cajun (spicy) boiled peanuts. We will ask only a few dollars a bag. If you've never had or heard of boiled peanuts you have to try them , they are really awesome and great with beer and football/baseball etc. If we stocked your local stores with them would you or anyone you know purchase them ? How popular do you think they would be here in the Phoenix area ? We thank you all for any opinions and/or suggestions !!! John @ Cassy from Alabama -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 10:55 AM

264 posts, read 1,596,224 times
I'm from Lousiiana and went to college in AL, so I would eat them. Not sure about how much you would sell in grocery, can't speak to that since I am not really from here, but I think you may be able to do pretty well by setting up a facebook group and selling them.

I know of a few resourses that may be able to get you in touch with Southerns in the area, PM me and I'll let you know.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:59 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
If you were going to sell them in convenience stores, I think they would require that you have all the necessary business permits, health department permits, etc. A lot of work.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:34 AM

845 posts, read 2,327,631 times
chili peanuts are 2.49 per pound at sprouts farmer's market. Lots of wannabee tamale vendors in PHX. Just too much regulation, tax, and government control. Look at it this way: it would take an unthinkable anount of paperwork just to sell previously bottled water to a thirsty person in Phoenix, and it woulkd even be worse in Scottsdale. The government(s) only know how to cater to people, who have zero assets and want to suck multi-generational welfare--never do the help a person trying to help himself.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolpho View Post
The government(s) only know how to cater to people, who have zero assets and want to suck multi-generational welfare
That's funny, I thought it was the other way around. I thought the government catered to corporations.

I would buy them. When living in Eastern N. Carolina there were roadside vendors everywhere.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:55 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
If you were going to sell them in convenience stores, I think they would require that you have all the necessary business permits, health department permits, etc. A lot of work.
Great point, Observer . . .

That "legal stuff" becomes a hassle and tends to get expensive.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 PM

I'm not very concerned with the laws and regulations to sell the product as I am experienced in the how to's of a small business like that , I really just wanted to know if I would have a market for them out here ..... would you or someone you know buy them ?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:08 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitech66 View Post
I'm not very concerned with the laws and regulations to sell the product as I am experienced in the how to's of a small business like that , I really just wanted to know if I would have a market for them out here ..... would you or someone you know buy them ?
That's good to know, Digitech . . .

I DEFINITELY WOULD BUY THEM.

Have you considered selling them via the internet?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:38 PM

I have considered the internet as I e bay everything I can find but there is just something about impulse buying and the visual of seeing the boiled peanuts right next to the beer LoL / There are boiled peanuts online already..... I really just want to bring them into this area for ya'll ..... some decent sweet tea wouldnt hurt either.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 PM

264 posts, read 1,596,224 times
Have you considered selling at a local farmers market? I have found a lot of harder to find niche items there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area