Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:32 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,015 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone. I have 3 day weekend coming up. What could be better!!

This weeks assignmen requires some set up on your side. Your choice of either BonW or WonB, or both. You can submit 2 pictures representing each set. Hope to see some interesting shots.

Have a pleasant Weekend!

Please read rules before submitting your shot.

Your pictures Have To be fresh, taken on or after assignment date, but they should convey the topic. Please keep your shots no more then 600px on the longest side. Please ask for help in resizing your picture by DM or on another threat.

Rules are simple:
  • Fresh images only
  • Stay on topic
  • Be creative
  • Give and receive feed back and be nice
  • HAVE FUN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 07:02 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,213,337 times
This sounds like a fun assignment

Question: do both pics have to opposite of each other? Meaning, BonW of one thing and/or WonB of something different?

Edit: to ask another question. Are we to be photographing in monochrome?

Last edited by FedupWNY; 10-10-2008 at 07:38 AM..

Old 10-10-2008, 08:23 AM

So there I was, about to seek out what white I could set on black, what black I could set on white, as I reached for my camera I found my first shot for the assignment.

(Shepsmom, I hope the pic size is ok. My photostudio doesn't have it where I can resize a photo to the megapixel, I have to size-down to what's within my personal judgement, so I hope this size is ok )

Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 AM

Question: do both pics have to opposite of each other? Meaning, BonW of one thing and/or WonB of something different?

Yes, that would be the purpose. One of each.

Edit: to ask another question. Are we to be photographing in monochrome?[/quote]

NO b&w!! It must be RGB, Black and White should be your objects.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
So there I was, about to seek out what white I could set on black, what black I could set on white, as I reached for my camera I found my first shot for the assignment.

(Shepsmom, I hope the pic size is ok. My photostudio doesn't have it where I can resize a photo to the megapixel, I have to size-down to what's within my personal judgement, so I hope this size is ok )
The shot is ok. But, your White Balance is way off. I see pink/reddish tint to your photo. You will need to adjust your settings.

Some good info to read

How to Set White Balance

Canon Professional Network - White Balance (http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/infobank/white_balance.do - broken link)

Old 10-10-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post

Yes, that would be the purpose. One of each.
Just a tad confused , are we to shoot (for example) ......a white cup on a black plate and then photograph a black cup on a white plate ....to have two complete opposites for the assignment? Or is that just optional?

Just to be sure, does the WonB/BonW images have to relate 100% to one another (black cup/white cup)?

Meaning, is my first picture incomplete because I haven't another shot with "canon" stitched in black on a white strap to go along with it?

I hope I'm not sounding too complicated?

Old 10-10-2008, 10:29 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Just a tad confused , are we to shoot (for example) ......a white cup on a black plate and then photograph a black cup on a white plate ....to have two complete opposites for the assignment? Or is that just optional?

Just to be sure, does the WonB/BonW images have to relate 100% to one another (black cup/white cup)?

Meaning, is my first picture incomplete because I haven't another shot with "canon" stitched in black on a white strap to go along with it?

I hope I'm not sounding too complicated?
Does this answer your Q?..... I'm not 100% sure myself - but think it's just one of either -- or both if you wish......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Your choice of either BonW or WonB, or both.

You can submit 2 pictures representing each set.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:47 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times

Old 10-10-2008, 10:51 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
Katie - I think ShepsMom just said no B&W processing. Your actual object should be black on a white background and vice versa.

See, if Katie was a Dalmatian, you'd be set, but she's a corgi.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
would this (for example) fit the rules....?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography