Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

Here is a home that would be great.

Super cute 4 bed residential home for rent, large yard for pets! (http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/apa/2230501441.html - broken link)

If you can get this, I would highly recommend the location. I am surprised at the rent price which is not bad at all. I don't know the condition of this home, but I would call on it. The commute would be easy and fast and this area is very family oriented. Good luck.

I looked at rentals in the entire FC district on a site that isn't accessible to people not in real estate and this was the only one that was in your price range. Some rents were as high as $10K a month.

Call the two numbers I suggested. If you have not luck with either, you might be out of luck in the FC schools. You can also check out the Herald for rentals, but I haven't looked there for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 08:37 AM

398 posts, read 702,324 times
I can't get the pics to load, but that is an amazing location for the price.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
I can't get the pics to load, but that is an amazing location for the price.
Pictures didn't work for me either. I saw them on a different site not accessible to the public, which is where I found that home and it looked nice. You can do a google search of 121 S. Pasadena, Fox Chapel and take a look at street view.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:15 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
We are looking for:
4 bedroom house w/2 car garage
OMGoodness! I admited that I missed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Here is a home that would be great.

Super cute 4 bed residential home for rent, large yard for pets! (http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/apa/2230501441.html - broken link)
That's a great rental property in an excellent location. If it's a legit ad, the OP should jump on a plane ASAP so she doesn't miss out on this opportunity.

Last edited by Hopes; 03-20-2011 at 10:23 AM..

Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
OMGoodness! I admited that I missed it!

That's a great rental property in an excellent location. If it's a legit ad, the OP should jump on a plane ASAP so she doesn't miss out on this opportunity.
I know for a fact it is a real home and a real ad. It is listed with a real estate broker that I know personally. It is also listed in the MLS system that isn't open to the public. No worries about it being real and it will be handled professionally.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 PM

13 posts, read 29,518 times
Thank you for everyone's comments and suggestions.

I did research the 121 S. Pasadena property and I think the rent is low because it doesn't have central air, only window units which I am not a fan of, especially in a decent size house. It's been on the market quite awhile (107 days on zillow.com) At that price one would think it would be a quick rental. The other two properties mentioned are available in August. We have to move in June for my husbands July 1 start date.

Can anyone tell me if Elysian Street in Point Breeze is a good area.

Also, can anyone comment on Colfax and Linden Elementary school?

Old 03-20-2011, 01:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4&Done View Post
Thank you for everyone's comments and suggestions.

I did research the 121 S. Pasadena property and I think the rent is low because it doesn't have central air, only window units which I am not a fan of, especially in a decent size house. It's been on the market quite awhile (107 days on zillow.com) At that price one would think it would be a quick rental. The other two properties mentioned are available in August. We have to move in June for my husbands July 1 start date.

Can anyone tell me if Elysian Street in Point Breeze is a good area.

Also, can anyone comment on Colfax and Linden Elementary school?
Elysian Street is pretty nice - lots of old trees and houses. It's within walking distance Point Breeze's small business district and down the street from Mellon Park (across 5th Ave.).

Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,532,111 times
Just my two cents. I think with your budget you will not get everything you want. I personally would jump at the house on South Pasadena. The Fox Chapel Area School District is much better than the city schools. While the city schools are improving, I don't think anyone would use the word "great", which is your requirement for a school, to describe either Linden or Colfax. The house also has a two car garage which is pretty tough to find in some of the older neighborhoods.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:23 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
Just my two cents. I think with your budget you will not get everything you want. I personally would jump at the house on South Pasadena. The Fox Chapel Area School District is much better than the city schools. While the city schools are improving, I don't think anyone would use the word "great", which is your requirement for a school, to describe either Linden or Colfax. The house also has a two car garage which is pretty tough to find in some of the older neighborhoods.
I agree with everything you said, rob. Central air conditioning is not the norm in many large Pittsburgh houses in her price range.

She's going to have to give up one or more of her requirements to find housing. You can't beat Fox Chapel for the schools and commute, which were her main criteria.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 AM

357 posts, read 888,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I agree with everything you said, rob. Central air conditioning is not the norm in many large Pittsburgh houses in her price range.

She's going to have to give up one or more of her requirements to find housing. You can't beat Fox Chapel for the schools and commute, which were her main criteria.
I'd agree that FC schools are good, but the commute to Oakland isn't as good as it would be in the city. I live in Squirrel Hill and walk to work in Oakland. No cars, no gas costs, no Highland Park bridge, and no route 28.

We send our kids to Colfax. Not perfect, but good enough. YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh