Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,224,003 times

Advertisements

Don't forget, "Mein" always has his Glock to take care of those issues that might arise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,379,878 times
[quote]Don't forget, "Mein" always has his Glock to take care of those issues that might arise![quote] haha yea true. Mein, u a mean man!!! haha jk

Well I understand that you aren't in the drug/thug life so you will never really have to worry about it. Yet I do have an article to prove that proves that in some sections of Perry South there IS still gang activity as someone was shot this summer on Leland St.
Violence wracks family again: 19-year-old killed, mother shot in Perry South

Old 10-05-2011, 08:04 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,872,260 times
And I'm sure he was an innocent widdle boy who was only hoping to get to Church on Sunday and then volunteer after at the soup kitchen before getting to bed early to get to his job at the orphanage.

At no point did I say there is no "gang activity." But hey cool feel free to put any words in my mouth you'd like, everyone else does!

(Also it's not just the Glock handy, Benzman )

Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,379,878 times
Well I just wanted to come to an understanding as you basically have on other threads... Well I guess I can stop beating a dead horse and move on now that I get what you think about your neighborhood.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,719,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinGlanzendMotorrad View Post
(Also it's not just the Glock handy, Benzman )
Keep it Rust Belt Retro, pack a Mak!

Old 01-15-2012, 01:34 AM

3 posts, read 9,910 times
Thank you for sharing!

Old 01-15-2012, 07:00 AM

81 posts, read 162,804 times
glad i live in a safe neighborhood

Old 01-15-2012, 07:52 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthHillsHappy View Post
glad i live in a safe neighborhood
Yeah, me too. I really don't want to be surrounded by doom and gloom all the time. Life is a gift and short, so why walk around complaining and living by the gun? No thanks.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:03 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
you act like the majority of people who live in "unsafe" neighborhoods choose to do so. gee, why don't all the people who live in wilkinsburg just move to aspinwall so they can be safer and happier!

also, i live in an "unsafe" neighborhood (and yes, in my case i am here by choice), yet i don't feel like i'm "surrounded by doom and gloom all the time", i don't "walk around complaining" nor do i "live by the gun". i love my community and i love the people here, i know my area has serious flaws and sometimes that is hard to deal with but i also love working with my neighbors to make our neighborhood a better place to live. i have lived in fancier neighborhoods and i have never found the sense of community i have in wilkinsburg. you have a very weird view of what life is like in a poor neighborhood.

if a person has the means to live in a nicer neighborhood, sure, i can understand making the choice to do so. but gambling on a nicer house in a less safe area, or simply living in a poorer area because you like it is also a valid choice and doesn't mean you're resigning yourself to a miserable existence in a warzone, whatever some posters on this board might say.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:14 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
I find it absolutely hilarious that you lump Homewood into the same category as South Oakland. The "sketchy" parts of Oakland, at the very, very worst, belong in the green category.

I also wrote a neighborhood review on Fairywood and didn't feel the least bit unsafe. The locals are very friendly people. I certainly wouldn't liken it to Shadyside, but it's hardly among the worst neighborhoods in the city (although it did certainly use to be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh