Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 03:59 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Good luck. If it makes you feel better I am a Ravens fan stuck in this land of Steeler obsession. I have dealt with my husband's obsession since we married but having just recently moved to Pittsburgh with him I feel so very outnumbered. I am still debating on whether I should remove my Ravens sticker on my car to avoid getting it keyed!
Redskin fans won't find much hostility here. In fact, due to the longtime hatred of the Cowboys here, a lot of Steeler fans actually like the Redskins. The Ravens are a different story though. Due to their strong play, and the sad decline of the Browns, Baltimore has pretty much replaced Cleveland as Public Ememy Number 1 around here. Of course, since the Ravens are really the old Browns, perhaps this is appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
Redskin fans won't find much hostility here. In fact, due to the longtime hatred of the Cowboys here, a lot of Steeler fans actually like the Redskins. The Ravens are a different story though. Due to their strong play, and the sad decline of the Browns, Baltimore has pretty much replaced Cleveland as Public Ememy Number 1 around here. Of course, since the Ravens are really the old Browns, perhaps this is appropriate.
I totally understand that. I proudly wear my Ravens apparel around and of course loved it last year! But in actuality I have learned to love the Steelers but only when they are not playing the Ravens or interfering directly with our chances to make the playoffs. And my husband has grown to support my "ugly birds".
We actually lived in Seattle when the Steelers won the Super Bowl and I enjoyed rubbing it in to my friends who were Seahawks fans.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 PM

26 posts, read 140,311 times
Default Redskins Fans

Thank you all for your replies.

To newtrain and jhprentiss: Get in touch with me. I sent you direct messages with contact details. Let's check out some games at a sports bar somewhere.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
Hey, redskins fan here. Lived in Maryland all my life now live here. Have you found any other skins fans in teh area?

Old 12-24-2007, 07:55 PM

8 posts, read 19,512 times
Go Skins!....

Old 12-28-2007, 07:52 PM

30 posts, read 113,146 times
The skins have always been fun to watch... i wouldn't have a problem with a skins fan as long as they weren't raggin on the stillers. And as a saints fan too they have prolonged their playoff chances this year... but now they need to lose sorry.

By the way Pittsburgh still hates the browns and would definetly judge someone wearing their apparel/clothing. me included

Old 12-29-2007, 09:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Good luck. If it makes you feel better I am a Ravens fan stuck in this land of Steeler obsession. I have dealt with my husband's obsession since we married but having just recently moved to Pittsburgh with him I feel so very outnumbered. I am still debating on whether I should remove my Ravens sticker on my car to avoid getting it keyed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by belowthelights View Post
The skins have always been fun to watch... i wouldn't have a problem with a skins fan as long as they weren't raggin on the stillers. And as a saints fan too they have prolonged their playoff chances this year... but now they need to lose sorry.

By the way Pittsburgh still hates the browns and would definetly judge someone wearing their apparel/clothing. me included

Just don't be a Broncos fan.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Denve...n&start=0&sa=N

Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 AM

71 posts, read 302,713 times
any Bears fans out there???? probably not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh