Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM

16 posts, read 19,180 times

Advertisements

I don't know how much this is true in Pittsburgh area. When I was looking for home for rent past 2 months in south hills (MTL, USC) , it was hard to find on my budget. My budget was around $1600 for 3 bedrooms. Of course we found the house in the same range but every time we went to see house it was already gone. Thank god we don't have pets else it would have been very difficult!
I don't think rent has gone down. In fact it has gone way up due to new assessment. I paid $1400 rent for better house last year.

Single-Family Home Rents Flatten as Investors Saturate the Market

Rents rose just 0.1% year-over-year on single-family homes and 2.9% on apartments. Locally, rents on single-family homes are flat or falling in Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Atlanta
The Trulia Price Monitor and the Trulia Rent Monitor are the earliest leading indicators of how asking prices and rents are trending nationally and locally. They adjust for the changing mix of listed homes and therefore show what’s really happening to asking prices and rents. Because asking prices lead sales prices by approximately two or more months, the Monitors reveal trends before other price indexes do. With that, here’s the scoop on where prices and rents are headed.
Prices Up 7.2% Year-over-Year, Rising in 91 of 100 Largest Metros
In March, asking home prices rose 1.1% month-over-month, seasonally adjusted. That’s an annualized growth rate of 14%. Quarter-over-quarter, prices are up 3.5%, seasonally adjusted. Year-over-year, prices are up 7.2% nationally and are higher than one year ago in 91 of the 100 largest metros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 02:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
It has always been cheaper to own than rent here. That's why there are limited detached single family home rental options. Rent will only lower on single family homes when fewer people can afford to buy them. A building boom could cause it too via too many people moving out of older townships. As those home's values drop, they would be ideal for investors to snatch up for rentals. Since Pittsburghers aren't the type of people to go running to buy the newest construction, that means a building boom is only likely to happen if there was a population explosion. A population explosion will result in increased rent. No matter how I look at it, I don't see rent prices leveling off anytime soon in the Pittsburgh area for detached single family homes.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
Those 'investor saturated' cities are 00 housing bubble fatalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: