Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Link?
A link to an event that didn`t happen? Sorry, but I don`t have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 01:37 PM

53 posts, read 55,021 times
Some guy proposed to his girlfriend at market square last Night. It was pretty cool.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Old 11-23-2013, 01:51 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,693,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmust71 View Post
Some guy proposed to his girlfriend at market square last Night. It was pretty cool.

A picture of the happy couple was on the front page of the Trib this morning.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:58 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A link to an event that didn`t happen? Sorry, but I don`t have one.
My reading comprehension must have been missing; I read that as 'somebody' rather then 'nobody'

Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,917,912 times
I was leaving downtown around 11-11:30 last night and the police were chasing yet another band of high school age kids from the Wood Street T Station. I am not sure what started the incident, but the kids had absolutely no regard for the fact that the police were telling them to stop, and luckily they caught a few in front of The Capital Grille.

In my elderly 35 year old mind, I cannot understand why these kids, no more than 15 or so were allowed out that late, in Downtown Pittsburgh...Light Up Night or not....and why the Wood Street T station is such a horrible place. Can't help but saying for a moment I felt pretty unsafe being caught in the middle of pack of running teenagers being chased by cops. Who knows when one of those kids will pull a gun and fire at another.

I have finally settled on the fact that a large portion of parents are just horrible, and their kids are even worse. I know I am an old miserable man, but teenagers these days are obnoxious, dress like clowns, are loud, and just plain rude.

Outside of a 2 min incident though, Light Up Night was a lot of fun, and glad it is such a successful event here in Pgh.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:00 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
In my elderly 35 year old mind, I cannot understand why these kids, no more than 15 or so were allowed out that late, in Downtown Pittsburgh...Light Up Night or not....and why the Wood Street T station is such a horrible place.
I don't know that it's a horrible place, but the Liberty Avenue side of the Wood Street T station is a large bus stop, where a lot of those kids probably catch the bus home.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:50 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
I was leaving downtown around 11-11:30 last night and the police were chasing yet another band of high school age kids from the Wood Street T Station. ...

In my elderly 35 year old mind, I cannot understand why these kids, no more than 15 or so were allowed out that late, in Downtown Pittsburgh...Light Up Night or not....

I have finally settled on the fact that a large portion of parents are just horrible, and their kids are even worse. I know I am an old miserable man, but teenagers these days are obnoxious, dress like clowns, are loud, and just plain rude.

Outside of a 2 min incident though, Light Up Night was a lot of fun, and glad it is such a successful event here in Pgh.

i saw some kid, probably 24 or so, punch an older gentlemen in the face. the older guy fell to the sidewalk. i had no idea what was going on - but as i walked towards them just seconds prior to the actual punch, i can only guess they walked into each other (which would be inevitable in an event like that) then had some words. i believe the older gent did shove the younger one. it was hard to see exactly because i wasnt focused on it (not thinking there was anything there to take note of amongst the moving bodies), and the kid's large girlfriend was blocking my view anyway.

but, outside of that incident, "Light Up Night was a lot of fun, and glad it is such a successful event here in Pgh".

i saw a marriage proposal - but it was near the rink at PPG, not in Market Square. same one? she was hot.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:15 PM

53 posts, read 55,021 times
Different. The one I saw was on stage in market square

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh