Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 08:56 PM

44 posts, read 127,190 times

Advertisements

I've had enough of having the 'Steelers Nation' shoved down my throat at every turn. Everywhere you look, it's Steelers, Steelers, Steelers, blah, blah, blah.

I'm sick to death of this town's obsession with the Steelers. Don't you people have anything more productive to do than root for a bunch of overpaid jocks?

And enough with the overpriced Steelers junk that you decorate your cars, homes, offices and yourselves with. You people who have Steelers flags flapping from your cars -- you look like idiots. Same with you people who plaster your vehicles with Steelers magnets and Steelers license plate holders and other rubbish.

There are people starving and dying in this world; can you pry yourselves away from the football game on the television long enough to care? Can you possibly have a conversation that doesn't involve football?

Here's an idea: save up all the money you spend on Steelers crap and take a trip to another country. Expand your horizons beyond the Steelers so that you're actually able to carry on an intelligent conversation.

Last edited by fragglewaggle; 11-26-2007 at 09:14 PM..

Old 11-26-2007, 09:00 PM

76 posts, read 274,126 times
What can I say?
You're right!

Old 11-26-2007, 10:13 PM

522 posts, read 2,627,649 times
Actually you can do both. We love the Steelers and contribute to helping to save people in this world and have many conversations about other things.

Why do you think that if you love the Steelers you don't like and support other things?

Old 11-26-2007, 10:30 PM

41 posts, read 466,945 times
I was real close to agreeing with you, but you kind of went off the deep end with your rant there.

The amount of intolerance people have for each other is truly amazing.

I don't like the whole steeler 24/7 thing either. I'm not a huge Steelers fan, so I DO find it all pretty annoying. And imho I find decorated cars to be pretty tacky in general. And we sure see a lot of Steeler decorated cars. But wow. To pass judgement down on steeler fans like that. Geeze.

I may not like it, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Different strokes for different folks and all.

You are painting with some pretty broad strokes there my friend.

Quote:
There are people starving and dying in this world; can you pry yourselves away from the football game on the television long enough to care? Can you possibly have a conversation that doesn't involve football?
So what exactly do you do for fun? We could easily change "watch football" with "attend wine tastings", or whatever it is you do in ivory towers. Can you pry yourself away from tasting wine long enough to care about people starving and dying in this world? See how generalizations like that sound stupid?

Quote:
Here's an idea: save up all the money you spend on Steelers crap and take a trip to another country. Expand your horizons beyond the Steelers so that you're actually able to carry on an intelligent conversation.
You obviously think you are better than people that spend money on "Steelers crap" because you travel to other countries. Congratulations. You honestly think some of those people who paint their faces and decorate their cars aren't lawyers or doctors? Because I have news for you. Those season tickets require a pretty large disposable income.

You know what this post is just disgusting. Get off your horse.

Last edited by fton400; 11-26-2007 at 10:45 PM..

Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 PM

394 posts, read 1,431,115 times
Default Right on.

I second fton400 big time.

I'd also like to add a good quote from a bad movie (Fever Pitch),

"It's good for your soul to invest in something that you can't control".

That's what Steelers games have been for most of my life -as well as something that I passionately love and helps me get away from everyday life for a few hours on Sunday. And I'd feel a lot more liberated at Heinz Field than most countries anyway.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 AM

786 posts, read 1,177,116 times
All I can say is that was one heckuva snooze-fest last night. Congrats on the big win, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh