Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:42 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
I agree. It was three inches of snow. It was a bit slick in places on Sunday, but it was never undriveable with reasonable care and as soon as it stopped falling, the plows were running down my street.
Yeah, I would rather they save some money and spend it later on road repair. It was a dusting folks and it is better to try and conserve some funds for such a tiny bit of snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 09:27 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Officially we got 2.4 inches of snow which puts us up to 60.8 inches for the season. I think we have a decent chance of getting up to 65 inches for the final snowfall total this winter, maybe an chance at getting close to 70 inches if we can pull out a heavy snow in the next week or two.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,909 times
McKeesport was crippled this morning. They declared a state of emergency and they haven't received new salt since February 10th. The McKeesport-Duquesne Bridge was closed due to ice from late last night until about 10AM this morning. All the other main roads and roads that you can take to exit/pass through McKeesport was this compacted, rough, snow/ice mix so they plowed the roads yesterday but couldn't salt. It took me about 40 minutes to go 0.5 mile due to a four car accident.

I was running late this morning and I had to drive so I didn't get a chance to check the news/Twitter/Facebook. I assumed things were ok because my roads in Port Vue were completely clear. Luckily I got a text right before leaving my house telling me not to take the Bridge. I went another way (there are only so many ways you can go from there to get to Pittsburgh) and hit standstill traffic. What a mess to start the day and week. I am done with this winter. See ya.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,037,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantz65 View Post
McKeesport was crippled this morning. They declared a state of emergency and they haven't received new salt since February 10th. The McKeesport-Duquesne Bridge was closed due to ice from late last night until about 10AM this morning. All the other main roads and roads that you can take to exit/pass through McKeesport was this compacted, rough, snow/ice mix so they plowed the roads yesterday but couldn't salt. It took me about 40 minutes to go 0.5 mile due to a four car accident.

I was running late this morning and I had to drive so I didn't get a chance to check the news/Twitter/Facebook. I assumed things were ok because my roads in Port Vue were completely clear. Luckily I got a text right before leaving my house telling me not to take the Bridge. I went another way (there are only so many ways you can go from there to get to Pittsburgh) and hit standstill traffic. What a mess to start the day and week. I am done with this winter. See ya.
Yeah, Bowman Ave. in McKeesport was a sheet of ice this morning. Fortunately, the side of the road still had snow on it, so I used that for traction and was okay getting home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh