Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,901 times

Advertisements

i thought one of the unique styles of music to PGH was DnB?

then again i have no idea what that falls under and its not my style of music either llol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 11:21 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
I have a question about the sex.

Is it like an orgy, having sex with strangers type thing?

Or is it more like exhibitionism, having sex with existing partners in a public setting?

I did read the article. Here's a quote of what inspired my questions:

Quote:
Club Pittsburgh welcomes 150-300 women and straight men to its dancefloor, where they’re joined by bathhouse customers from upstairs who slip in with towels wrapped around their waists. It's not uncommon for those towels to slip off dancers' hips.

During Honcho, a monthly gay party at Hot Mass, “sex is allowed on the dancefloor,” says Aaron Clark, who runs two of the party's monthly residencies including Honcho and Humanaut.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:18 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
You're pretty far off base. If you want to just read the (totally inaccurate) headline and close the link without reading the article (which is actually a good article), that's fine.

The thriving techno scene here is starting to actually get people to move to this city. Smart young people. People with fresh ideas, people with many degrees. It's feeding this city just like any other successful arts scene. If you don't think that's a major thing – look at Berlin. That entire city's renaissance was built on techno. If it's not your thing, cool. But you can still feed your birds on the sidelines and appreciate that it is doing wonders for the perception of this city with the right types of people.

Seriously? Got any stats to back that up?

Old 04-18-2014, 06:34 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,720,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
You want to hit this monthly party Cured. Great stuff. Best nu-disco guy in the city, and he also cooks an incredible themed pork dish each month that he serves to the club at 1am:
https://www.facebook.com/CuredPGH?ref=br_tf

Jarrett Tebbets, the guy that runs it will be coming on board as a Hot Mass resident DJ on fourth Saturdays starting 4/26 as well.
This looks amazing, thank you!

Old 04-18-2014, 06:52 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,532 times
I guess I'm just too into healthy lifestyle to appreciate this thread, haha. Probably I should stick with the symphony. And the architecture discussion threads that brought me in here in the first place. +1 to feeding the birds. I just took that up as a hobby this past winter, and it's actually pretty interesting. I have some gorgeous healthy birds now.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:08 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Not that it'd matter. Even if there was a way to put it into statistics and the statistics verified what he said, some people still wouldn't believe him anyway, and then somebody'd post a lame-ass article from 12 years ago about how "stodgy" Pittsburgh is with its 2AM closing time, even though that's the same closing time in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Providence, Rochester, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:11 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,720,168 times
Another good thread being goofed up by someone with an agenda....

Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
This thread is making me reminisce about being in my 20s and seeing a lot of awesome live electronic shows. Admittedly they were more of the "laptop commando" sort than anything, as my electronic tastes mostly veered towards IDM.

Actually sequenced a fair amount of stuff myself. Only played live a couple times with it though, and our "demos" didn't get anywhere. One of these days I'll put up a SoundCloud.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:39 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Just artists and people that I know personally. It's a small scene and everyone knows each other, so it's not hard to see the needle move in front of you if you're involved in it. If the number of local producers making well-regarded records that ship around the world doubles from 10 to 20, my point is made. Small in numbers on paper, but big in influence and perception globally. I doubt CMU is going to do a study on this any time soon.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:41 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I have a question about the sex.

Is it like an orgy, having sex with strangers type thing?

Or is it more like exhibitionism, having sex with existing partners in a public setting?

I did read the article. Here's a quote of what inspired my questions:

That quote was taken way out of context by them and is one of the most frustrating parts of the article. It's extremely rare (I personally haven't seen anything crazy out in the open) – the point I was making to the author is that there is a lot of freedom at the club. Honcho is the only party each month where nudity is allowed, and that's still rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh