Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM

3,463 posts, read 4,644,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
Agreed. I doubt the bear with blue care has ever been there, as claiming they get 3 months of sun is bordering on the hilarious. They're having a really good, mild El Nino-driven summer this year, but the last few have been grim For example:

Seattle: Home of the 78-minute summer | Weather Blog | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

And of course, bears don't leave their dens in winter, so I suspect BCB ain't the best commentator on local weather.
I've been to Seattle once, in August. Awesome weather. Warm, clear, low humidity. Heard it was typical for summer. It sounds like it isn't always so awesome. Still, I love Seattle. If home prices were lower I would have considered moving there. I can handle grey weather. I lived a good portion of my life in SF's fog belt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 11:32 AM

373 posts, read 377,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodjules View Post
You're right, I couldn't possibly know what I paid for my home here or know anything about home prices in the Bay Area - where I lived my entire life until moving to Pittsburgh last year. My career in the remodeling industry would give me no expertise either. What was I thinking?
I was being sarcastic and hope you are too!

Old 07-25-2014, 02:04 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,186,391 times
Seattle is great, Portland is great. To be honest I like both better than Pittsburgh, all things being equal. But things are never equal and living in either city would probably require me to work till the day I die (something which would make me very unhappy).

Old 07-25-2014, 02:27 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,011 times
am I the only one who finds Pittsburghers complaining about seattle being cloudy and rainy ironic?

I got a good chuckle out of that.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProFiction View Post
I was being sarcastic and hope you are too!
Yep. Thought the emoticons conveyed it.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurmsMcKenzie View Post
Seattle is great, Portland is great. To be honest I like both better than Pittsburgh, all things being equal. But things are never equal and living in either city would probably require me to work till the day I die (something which would make me very unhappy).
Me too. I moved here so that retirement in about 10 years is a definite possibility. Wouldn't have happened in SF.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:40 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,130,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
am I the only one who finds Pittsburghers complaining about seattle being cloudy and rainy ironic?

I got a good chuckle out of that.
Seattle takes it up several notches. Miserable weather. After visiting Las Vegas I won't complain about Houston's heat.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:01 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,915,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
im still used to PGH summer weather. im literally dieing here in VA. this humidity is killing me. Even my car is showing the pollen, something I didn't see last summer in Pittsburgh.
So now you'll agree with me when I try to explain how DC and Philly feel 10X warmer than Pittsburgh at pretty much anytime in the year (especially summer).

Old 07-26-2014, 09:31 AM

21 posts, read 21,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodjules View Post
I've been to Seattle once, in August. Awesome weather. Warm, clear, low humidity. Heard it was typical for summer. It sounds like it isn't always so awesome. Still, I love Seattle. If home prices were lower I would have considered moving there. I can handle grey weather. I lived a good portion of my life in SF's fog belt.
Seattle's summers and autumns are incredible. Dry and relatively cool. Long days due to the northern latitude. Winter and spring seasons are harsh, though.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:35 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Rosenbaum View Post
Seattle's summers and autumns are incredible. Dry and relatively cool. Long days due to the northern latitude. Winter and spring seasons are harsh, though.
Seattle's 10-day extended forecast? Either completely sunny or partly sunny for all of the next ten days. No chance of rain. Highs in the upper-70s to lower-80s. Sounds sublime. Similarly our winters here are MISERABLE---almost no sun, lots of cold rain, little bursts of an inch or two of snow every other day, wind chills, etc. It makes the summers here all the more pleasant and enjoyable, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh