Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:43 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 606,292 times

Advertisements

When will this thread just DIE? I mean, seriously... Don't worry though, the second it does, there'll just be another one JUST like it!

I have to admit though, after being back for 3 months, the general attitude of Pittsburghers is one of condescension and impatience. I don't know if it's the economy or what, but, people here do tend to be downright MEAN to each other. My partner, who is generally a fairly laid back kind of guy who tolerates a LOT, told his co-workers the other day just how mean they are and how quickly they are willing to jump down people's throats when they make a mistake. It's almost like they lie in wait for it... He tells me every day how they all belittle each other. (For example, there is a girl there with a speech impediment and they relentlessly mock her, to her face, every single day..)

My point is that there is good and bad in EVERY city. Period.

I think the whole hate it/love it argument can be summed up like this: If you love it in Pittsburgh, great, stay; If you don't, then LEAVE, nobody is stopping you. I happen to still love Pittsburgh, even with all of it's shortcomings.

Perhaps now we can now get back to HELPFUL topics for folks that either live here or are interested in moving here?

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh