Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:50 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
PNC is the only large Pittsburgh based bank, I'd expect that Pittsburghers would have loyalty to it.

Most of the rest of the players are out of state businesses.

Just an example of Pittsburghers staying local with their cash.
So it seems!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 03:59 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,261,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
So it seems!
There are other examples, when I was a young man, Iron City had a 50% share of the beer market.

Maybe if Bank of America and Citibank were to come into Pittsburgh with a 20 year TV campaign during football games, they might be able to break PNC, like Bud and Miller did.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:25 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,897,487 times
Quote:
PNC is the only large Pittsburgh based bank, I'd expect that Pittsburghers would have loyalty to it.

Most of the rest of the players are out of state businesses.

Just an example of Pittsburghers staying local with their cash.
It still Dangerous to have one entity controlling that much of a locals deposits... Remember Too BIG TO FAIL.....Well for Pittsburgh, PNC is too big to fail....Even with the FDIC there would still be massive losses.

Theres a reason BofA Citi Chase were bailed out with tax payer dollars instead of just letting the chips fall and having FDIC come in and just pay everyone....that was a national level this is more local....

Again no other bank even in their hometowns have as much control over deposits as PNC has in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh banking market is in definite need of some competition. Right now there is none

Quote:
There are other examples, when I was a young man, Iron City had a 50% share of the beer market.
Yea because having a monopoly on beer put a market in financial risk...... The government bails out Beer Companies will be the day...

Last edited by Blackbeauty212; 09-29-2014 at 04:33 PM..

Old 09-29-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Didn't think I was being passive at all!

Yes, I am secure. And judging from the reps, many on this board are too.
But.... rant on!
Yes you definitely have a passive attitude towards topics you deem "unworthy of discussion" and yet you waste your time commenting again passively, instead of just ignoring it and moving on.... Seriously what did your OP add to the conversation absolutely NOTHING! If nobody cares the thread would just die gracefully. I dont need to be told that its a waste of your time.

Yea BTW you secure until the Sh*t hits the fan, then you and other passive people, and there are many in America...will act dumbfound and simply blame the government for why PNC was allowed to be that big (again locally) in first place.

But stay in your comfort zone, ignorance is bliss....

Old 09-29-2014, 04:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
It still Dangerous to have one entity controlling that much of a locals deposits... Remember Too BIG TO FAIL.....Well for Pittsburgh, PNC is too big to fail....Even with the FDIC there would still be massive losses.

Theres a reason BofA Citi Chase were bailed out with tax payer dollars instead of just letting the chips fall and having FDIC come in and just pay everyone....that was a national level this is more local....

Again no other bank even in their hometowns have as much control over deposits as PNC has in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh banking market is in definite need of some competition. Right now there is none
Sounds like somebody "in finance" is losing business to PNC.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sounds like somebody "in finance" is losing business to PNC.
PNC isnt even in our line of business...

Old 09-29-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
PNC isnt even in our line of business...
So no worries. All will be fine. The world won't end.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So no worries. All will be fine. The world won't end.
If PNC Fails for Pittsburgh it will seem like it .... It has way too much market control in this region

Old 09-29-2014, 04:48 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
I dont need to be told that its a waste of your time.
No one said anything about this topic being a waste of time --- except you!

Quote:
Yea BTW you secure until the Sh*t hits the fan, then you and other passive people, and there are many in America...will act dumbfound and simply blame the government for why PNC was allowed to be that big (again locally) in first place.
LOL! Nice ASSuming rant there too.
Personally I could not care less about PNC. They are not MY bank of choice.
As far as I am concerned, they can get as big as the people who DO bank there make them.
People's choice!

Old 09-29-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
If PNC Fails for Pittsburgh it will seem like it .... It has way too much market control in this region
Even though it's a non-issue, what are you going to do about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh