Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 05:26 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,125,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBonzie View Post
Look sport. Grow a sack and stand up to him. If you don't, you will endure continued misery.

Or move.

I'm a woman and I wouldn't put up with that $*#@.
You and the others are giving me the encouragement I need to fight this and quit being a wimp. Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 08:41 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,990,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
I am afraid that will open a new can of worms. He has a truck. If I put up a fence, it will most likely not allow him enough room to use the driveway at all. The space of the driveways between both houses (the middle of the driveways) isn't wide enough and even 6" on my driveway would probably make it impossible with the mirrors on the truck to come down the driveway.

I thank you for your response and input. If only it were that easy
Is this maybe the root cause of him being upset? You don't shovel the driveway because you don't use it much in the winter, but he still has to open his door and take a few steps on your side it sounds like. That could be frustrating on elderly legs when it's icy and snowy.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:30 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,914,851 times
theres a fine line between being nice,polite and a whimpy pushover. im a pacifist but I will knock you the F down if I have no other choice

stand up for yourself. id hope you have enough self respect to stand up for yourself because you're letting him abuse you for a decade. abuse is abuse be it physical or mental.

but if you want to **** him off, shovel your drive way EXCEPT for that line between your place and his.i know I would.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:25 AM

Default He has more than enough room to step out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
Is this maybe the root cause of him being upset? You don't shovel the driveway because you don't use it much in the winter, but he still has to open his door and take a few steps on your side it sounds like. That could be frustrating on elderly legs when it's icy and snowy.
The only reason he would need to step onto my driveway would be if he parked at the very top of the driveway (and he never has) or if he parked on the space between the houses and he doesn't.

When he and his wife go out, he backs out of his garage in order for his wife to get into or out of his vehicle because there's not enough room in his garage to open both vehicle doors. She probably has 6-8 feet of their driveway to walk on before they would be on my property.

The only scenario where I would need to shovel for safety purposes on my driveway for their sake is when one of their two adult children visit them. When their daughter visits, she parks within a few inches of my driveway. I don't care... I can get in & out of my garage with no problem. The son parks closer to their garages.

This man doesn't even want people parking in front of his house on the street and it's not his street.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:26 AM

It most definitely is abuse.

I came to this forum because someone told me that I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. I needed to hear advice or suggestions from other people. If I'm wrong, I'm the first to apologize. I'm open-minded enough to try to look at things from different perspectives. I was raised to "put yourself in the other persons' shoes."

I do have self respect. I'm ready to fight and stand up for myself now.

Shoveling the driveway except for a strip in the middle is pretty funny. I have thought about shoveling only where he got suck in the driveway a couple of weeks ago.

He's pi**ed off already and I don't want to be the next news story where the neighbor shoots the other neighbor for not shoveling their driveway.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:09 AM

Default Picture

Someone requested a pic. This was taken Friday. The left driveway is mine
Attached Thumbnails
Don't buy that house with a side by side driveway!-datac.jpg  

Old 02-17-2015, 04:56 AM

12,527 posts, read 17,558,364 times
That looks like Greentree City. Anyway, buy a junker and put it on blocks, screw that guy.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:02 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,206,362 times
His driveway, both at the side, and the rear, stays icier longer because it's in the shade of his house. Yours gets the benefit of a longer period of sunshine so it becomes ice-free and dry much sooner. I assume the pile of snow at the back of his side results from him clearing his side, and creating a pile, which naturally won't melt as quickly as if it were left alone, as you've been doing with your side.

It's obvious from the picture that he's had to use a lot more salt on his side, over the years, than you have on yours, because there's lots of "spalling" evident on his side.

It doesn't look like either driveway, alone, would be easy to navigate into and out of the garage, due to relatively small size. I think if it were me, I'd explain that since I wasn't using it, I wouldn't be clearing it, but I'd offer to let him use as much of my pavement as he's willing to clear for his own use.

As for the drainage issue, if it can't be resolved cooperatively, go to Lowes and get a few landscaping timbers, and use them as a border between your lawn and his. All you'd need is to dig them into the lawn a few inches. That would keep his water on his property. If you don't want it to look like you're doing it out of spite, use two rows of them and create a flower bed there...

Old 02-17-2015, 06:27 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,602,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
That looks like Greentree City. Anyway, buy a junker and put it on blocks, screw that guy.
If it were Greentree City, one of them would already have a junker on blocks.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:35 AM

12,527 posts, read 17,558,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
If it were Greentree City, one of them would already have a junker on blocks.
That's still a good area, adjacent to Greentree Boro and Scott Twp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh