Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 11:09 AM

408 posts, read 232,869 times

Advertisements

Mt Lebanon is doing very well. Population increase, average incomes and median incomes even higher (than 2015), and they are improving their downtown business district with a lot of modern updates. Top 24 best high schools in the state and 787 in the entire United States. Great area to live in.

Old 07-31-2023, 11:43 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
”Protect Trans Kids", "We Believe in Science" .
Hopefully these two aren’t in the same yard.

Old 07-31-2023, 11:46 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
True. With a few exceptions. Downtown business district has been under endless construction for what seems like forever with no end in sight. Many sidewalks are unsafe. They've also placed these inexplicable "Historic District" signs atop every street sign in the boro. Every single one. Why? Makes no sense.

Lastly the school board is a becoming a woke joke. I'll leave it at that. The "we see gay people" signs in yards. I'm/we're all for equal rights but Lebo tries too hard and it's somewhat embarrassing. But a house there will always be a good investment.
That is most of Allegheny County. People are easily led into silly things. I’m glad I have no kids in school. Probably would go homeschool.

Old 07-31-2023, 12:26 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,134,434 times
Other issue is those signs don't really mean much. I know plenty of people that have them out for optics yet don't believe it. Too much hypocrisy in everything anymore.

Old 07-31-2023, 12:45 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
True. With a few exceptions. Downtown business district has been under endless construction for what seems like forever with no end in sight. Many sidewalks are unsafe. They've also placed these inexplicable "Historic District" signs atop every street sign in the boro. Every single one. Why? Makes no sense.

Lastly the school board is a becoming a woke joke. I'll leave it at that. The "we see gay people" signs in yards. I'm/we're all for equal rights but Lebo tries too hard and it's somewhat embarrassing. But a house there will always be a good investment.
I wish someone would provide this new definition of “woke”. Everyone seems stuck while trying to define it. I couldn’t imagine giving a damn about a neighbors sign let alone embarrassment.

Old 07-31-2023, 12:56 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Other issue is those signs don't really mean much. I know plenty of people that have them out for optics yet don't believe it. Too much hypocrisy in everything anymore.
Are you saying they have them out due to fear of the mob? I can see that.

Old 07-31-2023, 02:33 PM

169 posts, read 89,861 times
jfc a new account revives a thread last posted in, in 2015...
...and now it's the same ol BS from the "EverYtHiNg I disAgReE wItH iS wOkE" crowd.

Old 07-31-2023, 05:22 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten653 View Post
jfc ....
Seriously? You are that upset? People should have opinions. If you want pure censorship, you know where to go. That place is truly run like what Hitler would enjoy. This is a forum of diverse opinions. It is the last one of its kind. Some people don't like the direction of people living around and in cities. Looking at what we deal with, can you really blame people? Come on.

I want to start a crime thread, but it upsets people. Look at how powerful you and your group are really. Have you watched local news lately? Greyhound bus? Toddler shot? An 8 year old flying out of a vehicle with parent fleeing from police. Teen shot dead in Mt. Oliver. The list would be endless, but I refrain from such a post. This is just the last few days. Imagine if I posted a week of crime! OMG.

I will refrain, but won't be pushed around either. Live with what is going on. Some people don't want to live like this. Believe it or not.

Old 07-31-2023, 08:23 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,134,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Are you saying they have them out due to fear of the mob? I can see that.
Actually no, I really don't know many places you'd have fear of not putting out signs. I mean people sometimes say what's popular if it benefits them or just attention.

Old 08-01-2023, 11:26 AM

169 posts, read 89,861 times
Quote:
Seriously? You are that upset? .

Nope, just calling it out that not everything needs to be political and anti "woke" rants.

Quote:
People should have opinions. I

Quote:
If you want pure censorship, you know where to go.

Straw men are not necessary. I didn't advocate for that you know it.

It's not unreasonable to comment that a mundane thread about a suburb need not be have political tantrums.

Quote:

I want to start a crime thread, but it upsets people. Look at how powerful you and your group are really. .

What is "your group?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh