Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 02:21 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,989,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
If my choice was between Hillary and Sanders, I'd choose the latter.

But in reality, his most important decision would be his choice of running mate as he would be 75 years old when elected. Hillary is almost as bad, as she would be 69.
Actuarial tables suggest that assuming Bernie hits 75 in reasonable health, he'll have another 11 years to look forward to.

Conversely, Hillary would be 68 at the time of her election and have 18 years left (if she were a he, it would only be 15.5 years remaining).

So they're both gonna drop at 86, all things being equal.

Thus, the question becomes, who's more likely to rip off taxpayers in building their presidential library in the years following their second term :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 02:34 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Actuarial tables suggest that assuming Bernie hits 75 in reasonable health, he'll have another 11 years to look forward to.

Conversely, Hillary would be 68 at the time of her election and have 18 years left (if she were a he, it would only be 15.5 years remaining).

So they're both gonna drop at 86, all things being equal.

Thus, the question becomes, who's more likely to rip off taxpayers in building their presidential library in the years following their second term :-)
The Dems need more candidates, at least a couple under retirement age.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:23 AM

814 posts, read 1,150,696 times
Quote:
The Dems need more candidates, at least a couple under retirement age.
Any younger potential Democratic stars are sensibly biding their time for 2020 or 2024. They just wouldn't be doing themselves any favors to butt heads with the Clinton machine this go-round. It would be nice if there were another Obama waiting in the wings, sure, but let's remember that Obama was a generational talent who happened to come along at a time when he was most sorely needed.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:10 AM

831 posts, read 879,132 times
Quote:
Why don't the Dems have any real candidates? Hillary is tainted by ongoing scandals. And Bernie Sanders? C'mon.
Poll: Sanders zooms past Clinton in New Hampshire | OnPolitics

Old 08-12-2015, 01:58 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
If the next president is going to be another Democrat, all I ask is that it's not Hillary Clinton.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:08 PM

831 posts, read 879,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
If the next president is going to be another Democrat, all I ask is that it's not Hillary Clinton.
The reality is that they're all just members of the same club. They're all rich, they all tell people what they think they want them to hear, and whoever happens to win won't really effect my day to day life one bit. My life hasn't been really been changed one way or the other in any major way by either Clinton, Bush, or Obama, and it really won't matter going forward who occupies the WH either.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:22 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Copy that. And please, no Bush on the Republican side.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:18 AM

17 posts, read 17,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Copy that. And please, no Bush on the Republican side.
I second this. None of the candidates hailing from Western PA have a shot at the presidency.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:31 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclifton View Post
The reality is that they're all just members of the same club. They're all rich, they all tell people what they think they want them to hear, and whoever happens to win won't really effect my day to day life one bit. My life hasn't been really been changed one way or the other in any major way by either Clinton, Bush, or Obama, and it really won't matter going forward who occupies the WH either.
Tell that to all the people who now have health insurance despite fierce GOP opposition. You'd quickly learn how wrong you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh