Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
If you value walk ability, then Aspinwall or Mount Lebanon. If you don't, I'd suggest looking in the Avonworth district, specifically Ohio Township. It's a quality school district that is getting better by the day. Within a couple years it will be at or above the Fox Chapel school district, and it's closer to the city than North Allegheny.
Clearly you haven't figured out money = good school district. You can keep pretending it doesn't matter though. Wait when Sharpsburg gets that new development on the river and see what that does to that drag on FC School District's statistics. Watch it rise to what it actually is. This will happen. Sharpsburg is in a good situation, but it will be about 5 or so years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 11:07 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,598,215 times
I'm not interested in the school district argument -- all the districts discussed here are good -- but I just wanted to add Sewickley as one more suburb that should be on the OP's radar. Mt Lebanon, Sharpsburg, etc are all good, but I think price range and housing preference (older vs newer construction, more of a small town with walkable businesses vs a true suburban structure, and the possibility of public transportation to town vs. definitely driving in) are the more important questions, rather than just whether the school district is an A- or an A+.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:35 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,887,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanPioneer View Post
If I had to move again, I'd still stay north of Pittsburgh. Anywhere north of McCandless. As others mentioned, amenities here are extensive, schools are the best in the state, very little traffic congestion and great parks.
??? I dread driving up that way on Fridays for drinks. It's pretty much like any other suburb region that didn't plan for a boom in population.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:36 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,151 times
Quote:
If you value walk ability, then Aspinwall or Mount Lebanon. If you don't, I'd suggest looking in the Avonworth district, specifically Ohio Township. It's a quality school district that is getting better by the day. Within a couple years it will be at or above the Fox Chapel school district, and it's closer to the city than North Allegheny.
what makes you think that? i know there is development around the highland country club but that is north hills. is there something similar in avonworth?

Old 05-18-2016, 04:26 PM

5 posts, read 5,241 times
Thanks for all your suggestions! The size of NAHS just doesn't sit well with us(nothing personal just a preference)

Not a NJ native but ,I too was surprised that it's not always city landscape 30 minutes outside of NYC....we live in a lake community now...I guess it's the called garden state for a reason

Old 05-18-2016, 04:42 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
what makes you think that? i know there is development around the highland country club but that is north hills. is there something similar in avonworth?
I know things.

Someone with the power to make Avonworth SD better has a vested interest in doing so. It's a very small district, so it doesn't take a lot to tip the scales. Things like this don't happen by accident:

Browser Not Supported

Browser Not Supported

Browser Not Supported

Browser Not Supported

Old 05-19-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I know things.

Someone with the power to make Avonworth SD better has a vested interest in doing so. It's a very small district, so it doesn't take a lot to tip the scales. Things like this don't happen by accident:

Browser Not Supported

Browser Not Supported

Browser Not Supported

Browser Not Supported
i don't doubt you but without some sort of guidance based on more than just "inside information", i am inclined to conclude you have some sort of vested interest in propping the area up. it takes a lot to change a school district, especially to the levels you are claiming.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:43 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
i don't doubt you but without some sort of guidance based on more than just "inside information", i am inclined to conclude you have some sort of vested interest in propping the area up. it takes a lot to change a school district, especially to the levels you are claiming.
I have no skin in the game. I don't work in real estate, sales or development. I live in the city of Pittsburgh, and have never set foot in any of the towns that fee the Avonworth school district. And while it does take a lot to change a school district, it takes considerably less to impact a district that's already middle to upper middle-class and has fewer than 1500 students. That's basically one big school.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I have no skin in the game. I don't work in real estate, sales or development. I live in the city of Pittsburgh, and have never set foot in any of the towns that fee the Avonworth school district. And while it does take a lot to change a school district, it takes considerably less to impact a district that's already middle to upper middle-class and has fewer than 1500 students. That's basically one big school.
i don't know who you are so that could all be false. my point still stands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh