Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:22 PM

141 posts, read 721,963 times

Advertisements

[quote=guylocke;3039771]
Furthermore, our own Governor is backing her!!!!
QUOTE]

Although I hate to disagree with you Guylocke, I have met MANY ppl in this town who despise Rendell. They think he doesn't care about Pgh (coming from Philly).

I wouldn't be surprised to see ppl vote for Obama simply based on how much they hate Rendell....

And am I going to be the only one on the front lines for Obama around here? And yes, I am a GIRL...not voting for Hillary. I have my reasons....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 03:27 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
Could be Pghtebbie, I guess we'll see!! Although, as much as Pittsburgh hates Rendell, Philly loves him, and there are a loooooot more people in Philly casting ballets. We'll see!

I don't dislike Obama at all, I will gladly support him if he wins the nominee. But I just don't find him experienced enough to do the job, especially during a time when now the economy needs help on top of all this war mess!

BTW, I see no problem with a girl not voting for Hillary. lol.

And you can always disagree with me.

I'm just afraid McCain will be nodding off during important meetings, lol.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:38 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
I realize this is by far the "make-or-break" issue to determine who can run this country, but at the same time, it would be kinda nice to be able to get married someday. *violin playing*
Wow! I had no idea you felt that way, guylocke! Groowlll!!! HA HA! Unfortunately for you I'm celebrating my six-month anniversary tomorrow. LOL!

Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
Quote:
Wow! I had no idea you felt that way, guylocke! Groowlll!!! HA HA! Unfortunately for you I'm celebrating my six-month anniversary tomorrow. LOL!
WHAT! I remember when you just met him and didn't know if it was going to work out! GEEEEEZE.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:35 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
WHAT! I remember when you just met him and didn't know if it was going to work out! GEEEEEZE.
Time flies, doesn't it? LOL!

Old 03-05-2008, 09:13 PM

570 posts, read 1,411,896 times
It sure would have been nice to have seen the interest level and intensity of this primary in our own local elections this past fall. The apathy of the majority of city voters over the past mayoral election was pretty much sad.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:30 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times
Default I changed party also two times had to

I was reg ind for years, seemed like nobody did nothing about anything, I really liked Ron Paul, but he didn't stand a chance as the press clearly shut him out as well as Huck, at that time i changed to Rep. so i could vote for Paul, but then thats out, and I could not vote for McCain, so now i had to change party to demo to vote that way.

Have any of you done this also? I don't think it matters what party you want to belong to these days, except you have to be demo or rep to vote in primaries.

When i first got my voters card years ago I was demo, then after 20 yrs or so with all that was happening, the mills closing in pgh, layoffs, family members losing jobs, Kaufmanns is now Macy's lots of people were dumped from there unless they relocated. Fore systems etc.

So at that point i switched to ind.

Alot of my friends moved out of state including myself, anyway now i am back in PA because of family, don't make any difference where you live, things just seem to get worse, so i dunno i hope it goes Democrat, damn it has too, and i would hope whoever gets it would keep to what they preach.

But as you know once they get into office thats another thing, I will have to check if you have a political forum as i hardly post on this citi data page, as the moderators may feel unkindly about my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh