Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 11:43 AM

6,601 posts, read 9,001,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
As a seller now, I need to get as much as I can but I don't want to give the house away because its at the top of a buyers price list ; actually our listing price was above the price they wanted to pay.
I do agree that this may not be the right buyer for your house since they are stretching their budget and hoping you come down to meet them. But the seller's assist is just incidental to the situation, the main problem is that you'll walk away with less money than you think you could get with another buyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 12:03 PM

4,359 posts, read 7,543,957 times
You need to be worried about how much you walk away from the deal with. That is it. They can structure the deal any way they want but at the end of the day it is how much money you walk with that matters.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:13 PM

271 posts, read 332,786 times
They've asked for a seller's assist because South Fayette's taxes are so freaking high. I have a certain price range I can afford and am also looking at SF houses, but when you have to prepay $7-8k in taxes on a $250k house, in addition to the other closing costs, it starts to push the boundary of reasonableness.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:24 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,817,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
You need to be worried about how much you walk away from the deal with. That is it. They can structure the deal any way they want but at the end of the day it is how much money you walk with that matters.
I totally agree with you. I guess I was a little annoyed because of the low offer and then the additional assistance they wanted to buy it. I just wanted to know if it was common or not. I never heard of it before.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSantoRules View Post
They've asked for a seller's assist because South Fayette's taxes are so freaking high. I have a certain price range I can afford and am also looking at SF houses, but when you have to prepay $7-8k in taxes on a $250k house, in addition to the other closing costs, it starts to push the boundary of reasonableness.
They are high but you do get value for money with the school district. Great school districts do not come cheap.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:31 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,405,017 times
South Fayette is a hot market, you will get better offers.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:36 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,574,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
South Fayette is a hot market, you will get better offers.

I agree, a better offer will come along. What's your time frame?

Old 01-25-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I agree, a better offer will come along. What's your time frame?
anytime from here til the end of the school year. If we close early, I will rent a place for a little while til my son graduates. I had it on the market last year with a terrible realtor who did absolutely nothing. Believe it or not, we had one showing in 3 months. Now its on the market since sunday and we have 4 showings lined up.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:32 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,405,017 times
Quote:
anytime from here til the end of the school year. If we close early, I will rent a place for a little while til my son graduates. I had it on the market last year with a terrible realtor who did absolutely nothing. Believe it or not, we had one showing in 3 months. Now its on the market since sunday and we have 4 showings lined up.

http://www.valleyfield-apartments.com

If you have to rent, they do short term leases. We had people stay there as we built their house.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:35 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,030,173 times
Quote:
This is the firs time we are selling a house in Pittsburgh and have come across sellers assist. We had an offer last night and while it was low, they also asked for 3% sellers assist. We didn't take it because including sellers assist, it would have been $40K less than asking.

Is sellers assist common here? We have bought 5 houses and never asked for a sellers assist and paid all the closing costs ourselves.
Seller's assist AND $40K under? Tell them to take a hike unless you feel you are wildly overpriced. Forget the low ball crap. You are heading into the spring market AND our region is continuing to move up. That sounds like a lousy offer and I wouldn't counter and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh