Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 12:38 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

This is great news for Sharpsburg.

https://foxchapel.triblive.com/sharp...n-street-work/

And in other news. SCR, thoughts?

https://foxchapel.triblive.com/drag-...rs-bombshells/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 01:16 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Excellent news and long overdue for Sharpsburg.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:33 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,129,168 times
And the hipster Rick Sebak just did a video on them too.

Old 11-22-2019, 08:57 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
And the hipster Rick Sebak just did a video on them too.
On who? I enjoy Rick.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:10 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Sharpsburg, I like Rick I mean the other thread where someone brought up the Pitt student Dean and called him the hipster Rick Sebak. He did a few more videos and the last was on Sharpsburg

Old 01-30-2020, 12:20 PM
gg

Sharpsburg is really changing fast. With how expensive the city proper has become it has really benefitted the small towns near the city. A distillery just opened there that will be an addition to the two brewpubs already there. I feel the downtown will just keep going and it will become more expensive for what it is. 4four6 is already open and you can get more information from this link.

https://4four6distillery.com

With downtown revitalizing and homes being restored and the good possibility of a bike path to the city, I have a very good feeling for Sharpsburg. Not to mention the huge development in the north area around the Highland Park Bridge that will be developed in the near future. I see they took down the huge metal crane thing the other day and that land is huge and in control of someone who actually cares about the area unlike the dumb Water Works mess that is just horrible!

Old 01-30-2020, 12:32 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Work continues just up the road in Etna on 'The Rear End', which will be a brewery and BBQ place at the old PNC building and gas station at the intersection of Butler and Bridge. Easy walking distance between there, this new distillery, and Dancing Gnome - and all flat and with sidewalks. Should grow into a nice destination area for sure.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:04 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Work continues just up the road in Etna on 'The Rear End', which will be a brewery and BBQ place at the old PNC building and gas station at the intersection of Butler and Bridge. Easy walking distance between there, this new distillery, and Dancing Gnome - and all flat and with sidewalks. Should grow into a nice destination area for sure.
I wish the two could connect better, but I think it isn’t possible. Short but very boring walk. Etna is doing well. There downtown isn’t as big and school isn’t as good, but still quite good. Etna wants Sharpsburg to do well as things will bleed over. I think both places are going to do very well.

I do want to mention, you should update echaton's Etna thread. He took a lot of time to do all those and if I get a chance I add onto them.

Old 01-31-2020, 06:53 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I wish the two could connect better, but I think it isn’t possible. Short but very boring walk. Etna is doing well. There downtown isn’t as big and school isn’t as good, but still quite good. Etna wants Sharpsburg to do well as things will bleed over. I think both places are going to do very well.

I do want to mention, you should update echaton's Etna thread. He took a lot of time to do all those and if I get a chance I add onto them.
There are really only two connections - Bridge Street and then Poplar Street (underneath 62nd St Bridge). There have been efforts to connect the two - there was a joint 'Open Streets Day' in which Bridge St was blocked to traffic in order to provide a contiguous route between the two towns.

The bike trail is getting extended to Etna and Etna is working on a riverfront park. I'm not sure how much of a spillover effect this will have for Etna - because our industrial park cuts off the town from the river. I think businesses in Sharpsburg would see more benefit than Etna would from the bike trail.

There's also NO comparison between Etna's business district and Sharpsburg's or Millvale's. We have an intact business district, but not any real day-to-day businesses - much of the growth is focused on niche businesses.

We are tied in with regional planning with both Millvale and Sharpsburg as part of a 'Tri-Borough EcoDistrict'.

I don't think that we'll ever see the growth of Millvale or Sharpsburg given our geography, but I'm fine with us remaining a bedroom community with a few small art galleries and specialty shops.. I don't want gentrification or massive growth, but I am content with managed growth and avoiding decline.

When the brewery opens, I'll update eschaton's Etna thread - he certainly deserves an MVP award for those series of threads that he started about City neighborhoods and the other municipalities of the County.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:38 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Sharpsburg, The Capital of One Way Streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh