Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2020, 07:57 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i honestly cannot remember a steelers offense this enept, for an entire half, since the Noll years - mid to late 1980s. possibly a Mark Malone - era game.

Ben is done. He is very inaccurate.

i'm not just blaming him. the lack of discipline - like the personal foul by Okadokie, whatever his name is. Then Claypool gets tackled, and the Bengal drags his leg over Claypool to do some celebratin', and what does CLaypool do? Goes over to shove him. WRONG APPROACH.

how can ANY coach not get fired up. is that unbeoming these days? JOhn Madden, Cowher, they would be LIVID and showing it. It was priceless.

but tell me, JuJu bust some dope moves tonight, huh?
When you have all but zero run game and teams know you’re going to throw the ball 3:1, it makes it extremely tough.

I do wonder how many obviously’s Tomlin is using.

He’ll likely post his moves on social media right after the game. I do hope the Bengals post that hit and fumble to their social media pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 08:15 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i honestly cannot remember a steelers offense this enept...
With so many receivers dropping the ball that are such easy catches in the past two games, this is going to take a toll on any QB. It isn't like Ben has a Gronk to throw to or a Wes Welker. He really has garbage. No great receivers. No running backs. He is a one man show.

Just the way it is now. Big Ben has the entire team on his shoulders. I don't think that is enough in the NFL these days.

We need some good receivers and a running back. You can't have this much pressure on a QB.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:21 PM

On the bright side, Snell with 107 total yards.

Rest them all.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:37 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,857,920 times
JuJu is definitely part of the problem now and Snell had a good game he was the only
Steeler’s offensive player who impressed me. The wheels have officially fallen off and I know this wont happen, but I think the Steeler’s just need to rest everyone and get healthy for the playoffs.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:50 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
This team has regressed, obviously, and will not win another game this year and be one & done in the playoffs.
At this point, the Ravens, and even the Browns, are better teams.
As usual, no coaching adjustments from the arrogant , stubborn Tomlin and his useless staff.
Steelers outcoached, and obviously assumed they would win a a walkover; how often has that happened to Coach Cliche's teams??
Roethlisberger is done, or is hurt and hiding it, or maybe both.
Offensive line has also turned into a major weak spot: Villanueva, DeCastro and Pouncey are just hanging on.
They lose to Ryan Freakin Finley! Good thing Burrow was hurt; it would have likely been worse.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:58 PM

I expect to hear of injuries after the season, and I don’t expect Tomlin to rest anyone.

Can’t remember the last time I watched a RB have to dive over the top on a 4th and 1 that wasn’t at the goal line.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:52 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
This team has regressed, obviously, and will not win another game this year and be one & done in the playoffs.
At this point, the Ravens, and even the Browns, are better teams.
As usual, no coaching adjustments from the arrogant , stubborn Tomlin and his useless staff.
Steelers outcoached, and obviously assumed they would win a a walkover; how often has that happened to Coach Cliche's teams??
Roethlisberger is done, or is hurt and hiding it, or maybe both.
Offensive line has also turned into a major weak spot: Villanueva, DeCastro and Pouncey are just hanging on.
They lose to Ryan Freakin Finley! Good thing Burrow was hurt; it would have likely been worse.
Tomlin needs to go for sure. Juju is garbage and a distraction. The offensive line is soft. DeCastro looks washed up out there. He is fresh turd on the sidewalk soft.

Ben may want to play another year for the money. At this point I can’t see the Steelers paying him to do that. His passes are half sidearm throws now. Major surgery and Father Time has ended his career. This isn’t a slump he’s in. It’s old age and retirement saying come to Jesus. I remember Warren Moon talking about age taking it’s toll on legend qbs that stick around too long. The decline is fast and steep. Looks like a different player from game to game.

This franchise needs to clean house and start over. It’s that simple.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Tomlin needs to go for sure. Juju is garbage and a distraction. The offensive line is soft. DeCastro looks washed up out there. He is fresh turd on the sidewalk soft.

Ben may want to play another year for the money. At this point I can’t see the Steelers paying him to do that. His passes are half sidearm throws now. Major surgery and Father Time has ended his career. This isn’t a slump he’s in. It’s old age and retirement saying come to Jesus. I remember Warren Moon talking about age taking it’s toll on legend qbs that stick around too long. The decline is fast and steep. Looks like a different player from game to game.

How are they going to pay him not to do that?

Old 12-22-2020, 05:56 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
When you have all but zero run game and teams know you’re going to throw the ball 3:1, it makes it extremely tough.

I do wonder how many obviously’s Tomlin is using.

He’ll likely post his moves on social media right after the game. I do hope the Bengals post that hit and fumble to their social media pages.

it has nothing to do with that. we are talking FIRST offensive series. bad pass, run for like 3 yards, bad pass (behind receiver), then punt.

the bengals had no time to strategize effectively because the offensive was awful enough.

as for snell, he had no blocking early. how he ripped off some great runs in the second half, i dont know, but dont throw a party yet. remember Conner is our #1 back, ideally, and had a 1,000 yard season. yeah, that Conner.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:09 AM

265 posts, read 150,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post

I hear most teams in the league would take Roethlisberger tomorrow, so should be easy to find a trade partner. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh