Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 09:29 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Always cross reference the statistics from the likes of CNN. Remember they were the ones that posted that school kid in DC and painted him as a wrongdoer with some Indian banging a drum in the kids face while racists attacked the school kids for being white standing there waiting for a bus. CNN will always need to prove their statistics or really any story. Can you find the statistics elsewhere?
You made this up. The kid was an idiot and would not have disrespected a black DC native in that way. He was a young punk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 09:39 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Always cross reference the statistics from the likes of CNN. Remember they were the ones that posted that school kid in DC and painted him as a wrongdoer with some Indian banging a drum in the kids face while racists attacked the school kids for being white standing there waiting for a bus. CNN will always need to prove their statistics or really any story. Can you find the statistics elsewhere?
the first part of that i remember well, and it still angers me to this day, as does the Carol Stuart murder, and the Duke La Crosse team thing.

(Granted, the Stuart murder didn't have to do w/ over-zealous reporting as much as a slime bucket taking an opportunity the way he did.)

the part about the kids at the bus stop - i have no idea what you mean about that.

ok - good points about fact checking, since for example, its been found that Trump doesn't lie nearly half as much as he's made out to, but still takes liberties with 'facts'***. thankfully, there are people in the world who do devoted time and energy to fact checking.

but - does CNN have any motive for making Philadelphia look bad? it wouldn't make sense that they fabricated facts, when those particular reported items in that article can be easily verified.

***nope, not becoming political. just illustrating an example with a modern reference. chill.

Last edited by szug-bot; 09-29-2020 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-29-2020, 10:12 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
You made this up. The kid was an idiot and would not have disrespected a black DC native in that way. He was a young punk.
So you didn't see the entire 1 hour plus REAL video!!!!!!! You are easily led my friend, but you wanted to believe that white BOY was the wrongdoer! NOPE, not even close to accurate!

1. The kids were waiting for their bus and your group, "The Black Hebrew Israelites", were telling them to go back to Europe "white boys" and attacking them because they were white. Oh you missed that nice detail!

2. The dope Indian marched up to those kids and pounded that drum in his face, as the Indian himself claimed he was "trying to defuse the situation".. Sure, you just hated those white kids just like the racist Black Hebrew Israelites. The kid was just standing there waiting for the bus. Sorry, but I would have punched that Indian or at least pushed him away if I was some high school kid. Heck, I would push him away now as an adult. I applaud that kid for just standing there, but NOPE YOUR media machine painted those kids as wrongdoers. They weren't at all, but you want to believe that due to your hatred of white people. Interesting how that works.

That kid that was being attacked by the Black Hebrew Israelites and that idiot Indian WON a big lawsuit against CNN. I took all this a step further and watched the entire for my own investigation.

You have been duped by your media feed, but let's face it, you hated those white boys waiting for the bus. Why? You know why. We all know why that went viral. People want to hate others for the color of their skin. Interesting how that works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Januar..._confrontation

Glad some of the young kids got some big money out of your media machine bashing them just waiting for their bus. I can't believe you didn't even know about the lawsuit, but if you don't want to believe something due to racial hate, you don't want to believe it. Sorry, but it happened.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:17 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
^^^^^
Bingo

Old 09-29-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
So you didn't see the entire 1 hour plus REAL video!!!!!!! You are easily led my friend, but you wanted to believe that white BOY was the wrongdoer! NOPE, not even close to accurate!

1. The kids were waiting for their bus and your group, "The Black Hebrew Israelites", were telling them to go back to Europe "white boys" and attacking them because they were white. Oh you missed that nice detail!

2. The dope Indian marched up to those kids and pounded that drum in his face, as the Indian himself claimed he was "trying to defuse the situation".. Sure, you just hated those white kids just like the racist Black Hebrew Israelites. The kid was just standing there waiting for the bus. Sorry, but I would have punched that Indian or at least pushed him away if I was some high school kid. Heck, I would push him away now as an adult. I applaud that kid for just standing there, but NOPE YOUR media machine painted those kids as wrongdoers. They weren't at all, but you want to believe that due to your hatred of white people. Interesting how that works.

That kid that was being attacked by the Black Hebrew Israelites and that idiot Indian WON a big lawsuit against CNN. I took all this a step further and watched the entire for my own investigation.

You have been duped by your media feed, but let's face it, you hated those white boys waiting for the bus. Why? You know why. We all know why that went viral. People want to hate others for the color of their skin. Interesting how that works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Januar..._confrontation

Glad some of the young kids got some big money out of your media machine bashing them just waiting for their bus. I can't believe you didn't even know about the lawsuit, but if you don't want to believe something due to racial hate, you don't want to believe it. Sorry, but it happened.
The difference between me and you is that I do not care for or comment on petty bull****. Why did you bring up this issue? What was the point of it? Should I return the favor and post the racist white men in Georgia stalking, confronting then murdering a black a black jogger in his neighborhood? I can but what would be the point.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Y

The kid won a lawsuit against either NBC or ABC. Are you sure the native man won a lawsuit? I was not aware of that. Was there any defamation or misrepresentation of his character?

It's fascinating how media shapes....actions, attitudes, lawsuits too. I am not villainizing the 'media', since that is such a wide industry and 'media' can mean so many things...but if you think about it, how scary is it that people can accept truths and even come to a boiling point without all the facts...

and no, there is no real evidence STILL that intelligent extra-terrestrial life exists, or that any UFOs have ever been extra-terrestrial. This is an example of how some forms of media have created a religion of sorts.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:51 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
What was the point of it?
My point was to show how easy people are led to believe what they want to believe and one shouldn't watch the likes of CNN (someone posted a link to them). You just hated those white high school kids as did most all of the left. I got countless messages from my friends and relatives telling me how horrible those "white kids" were smiling at some Indian as he pounded his drum in that kid's face. It was so viral I just had to know everything I could find on it and indeed the entire event was on Youtube that was over 1 hour long. I couldn't believe what I saw. Grown men attacking high school kids with racist insults and some Indian walking up to the boys pounding his drum in one of their faces invading a child's personal space. People just wanted to hate the high school kids so bad, it went viral prior to knowing anything about it. Sure was an eyeopener to how racist and how much hate there is towards even white children. WOW.

I think my point is the most valid point anyone could ever make in our times. This isn't Walter Cronkite's time. This is a pure evil media machine that is preying on us all. My point? More important than any point that I can see. It is creating hate. I hear the hate all the time from both sides because my job requires time in the city and out of the city. I find it very difficult as someone that isn't prone to hate. I am sure Pittsburgh is mild compared to places in CA where people are really nuts.

Oh, the black jogger in GA is tragic and was reported by the media and charges were filed, so there is NO similarity to my point at all. None. People know that was tragic.

Last edited by gg; 09-29-2020 at 11:59 AM..

Old 09-29-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
My point was to show how easy people are led to believe what they want to believe and one shouldn't watch the likes of CNN (someone posted a link to them). You just hated those white high school kids as did most all of the left. I got countless messages from my friends and relatives telling me how horrible those "white kids" were smiling at some Indian as he pounded his drum in that kid's face. It was so viral I just had to know everything I could find on it and indeed the entire event was on Youtube that was over 1 hour long. I couldn't believe what I saw. Grown men attacking high school kids with racist insults and some Indian walking up to the boys pounding his drum in one of their faces invading a child's personal space. People just wanted to hate the high school kids so bad, it went viral prior to knowing anything about it. Sure was an eyeopener to how racist and how much hate there is towards even white children. WOW.

I think my point is the most valid point anyone could ever make in our times. This isn't Walter Cronkite's time. This is a pure evil media machine that is preying on us all. My point? More important than any point that I can see. It is creating hate. I hear the hate all the time from both sides because my job requires time in the city and out of the city. I find it very difficult as someone that isn't prone to hate. I am sure Pittsburgh is mild compared to places in CA where people are really nuts.

Oh, the black jogger in GA is tragic and was reported by the media and charges were filed, so there is NO similarity to my point at all. None. People know that was tragic.
I am not easily convinced by the media or anything for that matter. I take in all media with a grain of salt. I am a black man and if I believed everything the media says.......I would be scared of myself.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
I am not easily convinced by the media or anything for that matter. I take in all media with a grain of salt. I am a black man and if I believed everything the media says.......I would be scared of myself.
With 1% of the police being responsible for killing blacks versus 97% of black on black violence, there’s all but no reason to be scared of the police if one hasn’t done anything wrong.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
no - those guys were free for days, weren't they, before being arrested?

that was still bad justice in action. arrest does not necessarily mean guilt. but the evidence was strong. public pressure had to build before they were apprehended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh