Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 10:04 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,966,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
1. It seems the the the democratic way to always say, "you must be watching FOX". Well you must be watching EVERY other media outlet.

2. The left loves to use a term like Fascism, but I don't think they have a CLUE what it means. If anything Republicans want individuals to be more free to make choices. Let's look at some examples that actually would paint Trump as the opposite of a fascist.

a. Trump's handling of COVID gave all power to the states in our country. Biden stated he would want everyone to wear a mask by law in all parts of the US. Countrywide. Hmm. Who is more like a dictator?

b. Trump doesn't mess around with people's rights to carry and more importantly Trump believes "freedom of speech", which seems to be a weak point on the democratic side as they are tearing down our history and deleting our past as if it never happened. It did and we should be looking at how far we have come, not the left way of looking at how bad people were in completely different times. They pretend the 1400's were like today. Dopes. If a person wanted to fly a "rebel flag" because it meant "the south" to them, or that they were a "rebel", that has now only become "racist". That was far from he truth in my lifetime, but the left created that view only so they are taking that away.

Sorry, but the "new left" is pure poison. They have become the most racist, sexist and ageist bunch I have ever encountered in my life. They want less police? HA! Good luck with that. Must not see all the carnage in poor neighborhoods that seems to be daily even in little Pittsburgh. We should have more cops, more police involvement in communities, so they actually know people and are involved with them. More training so police become part of communities instead of just showing up to try and fix the mess they have to deal with created by whoever is breaking the law. They should be playing sports with kids, knowing parents, knowing people that are at risk and so-on. The new left wants Zone 5 to not even be allowed back in their old building that was being renovated. Morons!
ummmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 10:26 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,709,628 times
All one needs to know is Biden has been in office 47 years and wants 8 more. I would hammer that fact home every second of every day until election day. Not even the greatest politician ever should be in office more than 10-12 years. Nobody should cast a vote for a lifetime politician. Trump has many faults and lies. What politician hasn't? The two party system is terrible in the US.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:30 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
All one needs to know is Biden has been in office 47 years and wants 8 more. I would hammer that fact home every second of every day until election day. Not even the greatest politician ever should be in office more than 10-12 years. Nobody should cast a vote for a lifetime politician. Trump has many faults and lies. What politician hasn't? The two party system is terrible in the US.
Bingo, and especially 47 years of doing all but nothing is wayyyyy too many.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:37 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,401,537 times
Why does trump get painted as a racist but biden gets overlooked for forty years of racial policies and statements? He has never done anything to deserve the free pass that he gets. Kamala even called him out in the debates, i personally thought she would turn him down for the vp role.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Why does trump get painted as a racist but biden gets overlooked for forty years of racial policies and statements? He has never done anything to deserve the free pass that he gets. Kamala even called him out in the debates, i personally thought she would turn him down for the vp role.
Racist policies vs a notorious racist are two different things. Bill Clinton voted for racist policies but is not labeled as a racist. Donald Trump exemplifies racist and racism. There is no white washing that fact.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Racist policies vs a notorious racist are two different things. Bill Clinton voted for racist policies but is not labeled as a racist. Donald Trump exemplifies racist and racism. There is no white washing that fact.
Biden wasnt a one and done man with his statements and policies. Biden also didn't just vote for these polocies he wrote and sponsored them. Btw i am not defending trump with my argument but just feel biden doesn't get his fair criticism.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Biden wasnt a one and done man with his statements and policies. Biden also didn't just vote for these polocies he wrote and sponsored them. Btw i am not defending trump with my argument but just feel biden doesn't get his fair criticism.
Biden was heavily criticized by the black community. Unlike Trump Biden addressed his past and started discussions on reciprocity with the black community. He is not afraid to address his implicit bias. I really respect that. I do not accept white liberal cancel culture. People can change and grow over time.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Biden was heavily criticized by the black community. Unlike Trump Biden addressed his past and started discussions on reciprocity with the black community. He is not afraid to address his implicit bias. I really respect that. I do not accept white liberal cancel culture. People can change and grow over time.
People can change over time but i don't think joe has, i just get the feeling he is saying what the public wants to hear.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Except it’s not a fact. It’s simply feelings.

Didn’t Kamala Harris recently accuse Biden of being a racist?

Old 09-29-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
People can change over time but i don't think joe has, i just get the feeling he is saying what the public wants to hear.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh