Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2021, 07:19 AM

4 posts, read 3,940 times

Advertisements

How is the HOA in cobblestone? We are looking at moving from Northgate to Avonworth and I've seen a few places go up in cobblestone. Beautiful homes, and I know they have some nice amenities, but is the HOA a tyranny?
What about the atmosphere? Do the kids all hang out and play or is everyone so involved in after school activities that they never see each other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 08:43 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
If you want it to be a tyranny, you could just join the board and make it one. They are almost always short of people willing to be on a board. You don't have to wait around for someone else to do all the work.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
If you want it to be a tyranny, you could just join the board and make it one. They are almost always short of people willing to be on a board. You don't have to wait around for someone else to do all the work.
Wow that was pretty rude...

I'm not asking other people to do all the work. I don't even live there. I'm asking what it's like living there... You answered exactly zero questions and just came across like an airhead

Old 05-31-2021, 10:50 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
I live in a similar community nearby with the same type of +55 HOA. Just do your due diligence and check out all the rules/bylaws that you have to follow. Also check to see what the reserves are. Ohio twp taxes are within most other areas and the SD tax is decent.

Old 05-31-2021, 10:53 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I live in a similar community nearby with the same type of +55 HOA. Just do your due diligence and check out all the rules/bylaws that you have to follow. Also check to see what the reserves are. Ohio twp taxes are within most other areas and the SD tax is decent.
Bingo

Reserves, especially, can be a huge deal.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Thanks. Cobblestone isn't 55+ though I thought? It's right by the school.
You're right about the taxes being decent in Ohio township, especially when you get such a great school district. That's part of it for us.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:24 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkbrink75 View Post
Thanks. Cobblestone isn't 55+ though I thought? It's right by the school.
You're right about the taxes being decent in Ohio township, especially when you get such a great school district. That's part of it for us.
That was the reason we also bought in Avonworth SD when we moved from FL 14 years ago. All my family is south of the city so this was an area I wasn't as familiar but it turned out to be a good fit for me. Cobblestone was one of the first newer developments build after we moved here. That 55+ community is new in the last 5 years but it is off Roosevelt where the summer seat farm used to be.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
That was the reason we also bought in Avonworth SD when we moved from FL 14 years ago. All my family is south of the city so this was an area I wasn't as familiar but it turned out to be a good fit for me. Cobblestone was one of the first newer developments build after we moved here. That 55+ community is new in the last 5 years but it is off Roosevelt where the summer seat farm used to be.
Makes sense! I'm sure having the 55+ community helps with the school system too if they are paying taxes but not actually increasing the student body size!

What is the overall vibe like in Cobblestone? Do kids hang out and do things together a lot or is it rushed and everyone does activities all the time?
Are people overall welcoming and fun?
Thanks

Old 06-03-2021, 10:40 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkbrink75 View Post
Makes sense! I'm sure having the 55+ community helps with the school system too if they are paying taxes but not actually increasing the student body size!

What is the overall vibe like in Cobblestone? Do kids hang out and do things together a lot or is it rushed and everyone does activities all the time?
Are people overall welcoming and fun?
Thanks
Honestly my kids were older when they built Cobblestone so most of their friends didnt live there, it was more families with younger kids it seemed. A few friends bought there later, everyone seemed to like it but not sure how close the community is. Also depends on what you like, we moved from Florida which was a lot of brand new homes, new landscapes, flat. New developments here remind me of that, its fine just I like older homes and part of why we left Florida.

If you mean Avonworth/general area, I think you can be as involved as you want to be which is nice. Same with the kids being busy, just depends on the kids/parents. We were pretty busy all the time because our kids liked sports but they had many friends that didnt really do any school activities. It is a smaller community which has good and bad. It seems to have many more transplants in the area now, when we moved it seemed like most everyone grew up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh