Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 08:23 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He never said he would.
If I hit the lottery and was going to buy someone a home it would be SCR. He is a stand up person and is someone I will meet at some point. Not yet, but at some point. Good person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 08:25 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
1) Wasn't talking to you
2) I could tell you that I've spent time in the projects in East Hills and Wilkinsburg, but what does that matter?
3) What does any of that have to do with the post that you're commenting on?
Oh, this explains a lot. Everything makes sense now.

Good to know.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:27 PM

882 posts, read 335,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Wow. I'm starting to think that you have spent lots of time in the ghetto. Like, you must have been born and raised there, and haven't been able to get out.
Ok, whatever. Still not sure what that has to do with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
But anyway, your argument also contains inherent contradictions. You tell gg that he should look at the black kids who beat him up as individuals, but then instead of saying "they just happened to be bad kids," or, "maybe you brought it on yourself," you go into a history of black people in the United States. Basically you're saying, "those kids beat you up because they're black." Which is the opposite of looking at them as individuals, and lends more credence to what you're trying to argue against.
That's pretty much the antithesis of what I'm saying.

I'm asking...why does he (and you) think that these problems exist in the inner city? And not just from a superficial point of view, but a root cause.

An individual can be a bad seed. But gg was stating all of the problems of the "inner city", which is a group of specific people. So why then does he think a group of people have these problems? Racists would argue that people of color are just "born that way". I don't know if that's what gg (or you for that matter) think. But if not, then what's the answer? He mentioned, among other things, lack of father figures. Ok....why then is there a lack of father figures in the inner city? That's when he stopped going deeper to get to some root cause. And the problem is because it's an uncomfortable truth for him.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:28 PM

882 posts, read 335,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Oh, this explains a lot. Everything makes sense now.

Good to know.
Not interested in answering any of the questions? Ok.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
If I hit the lottery and was going to buy someone a home it would be SCR. He is a stand up person and is someone I will meet at some point. Not yet, but at some point. Good person.
Just buy him one now. No sense in waiting for something that isn’t going to happen. Life’s too short to wait around.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:31 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
SCR is a noble person. He has stuck with this city when others would’ve left. I give him credit.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:37 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Just buy him one now. No sense in waiting for something that isn’t going to happen. Life’s too short to wait around.
You go 50/50? I could do my part. I have a feeling you are in a doublewide and that is okay. I don't think you are living.... all that well overall, but probably with your EBT card and others government help, you do fine. Most EBT types eat shrimp and steak most nights, so that is good.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:38 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Ok, whatever. Still not sure what that has to do with anything.

That's pretty much the antithesis of what I'm saying.

I'm asking...why does he (and you) think that these problems exist in the inner city? And not just from a superficial point of view, but a root cause.

An individual can be a bad seed. But gg was stating all of the problems of the "inner city", which is a group of specific people. So why then does he think a group of people have these problems? Racists would argue that people of color are just "born that way". I don't know if that's what gg (or you for that matter) think. But if not, then what's the answer? He mentioned, among other things, lack of father figures. Ok....why then is there a lack of father figures in the inner city? That's when he stopped going deeper to get to some root cause. And the problem is because it's an uncomfortable truth for him.
All right, look, I thought that you were a left-wing transplant. Now I'm starting to think that you're a...different sort of person than that. I misjudged you, never mind.

Man, the Pittsburgh portion of this website sucks. I mean, it is baaaaaad.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:43 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
Quote:
You go 50/50? I could do my part. I have a feeling you are in a doublewide and that is okay. I don't think you are living.... all that well overall, but probably with your EBT card and others government help, you do fine. Most EBT types eat shrimp and steak most nights, so that is good.
It’s funny. I thought the same about you.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:45 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
It’s funny. I thought the same about you.
You are in a basement apartment. I live a CC life. Good luck. You will never amount to much of anything. You aren't going anywhere.

Oh. ONE WEEK. No soup for you. I love saying that to trolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh