Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2022, 08:38 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
So all one needs to have is a selfish enough attitude to refuse to pay, and they can basically ride for free indefinitely?
Entitlement has no bounds

Old 03-27-2022, 12:47 PM

Port Authority’s Free Fares End This Evening

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2022...tm5zof8pvdn88z

Sounds like they gave away weeks of free rides away for nothing. Gonna be interesting to see how many are now inclined to pay since nothing has changed.

Old 03-28-2022, 07:00 AM

987 posts, read 280,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…let folks reap the consequences of shortages due to ridiculous mandates. Be a shame if it got even worse.

And let folks reap the consequences of not getting vaccinated. Nobody is forcing them to, but the consequences are that you can't work at port authority.

Old 03-28-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
And let folks reap the consequences of not getting vaccinated. Nobody is forcing them to, but the consequences are that you can't work at port authority.
The ridiculous show me your papers nonsense will eventually be lifted…but it’s funny how drivers are required to be vaccinated but not passengers After all, vaccinated folks can get and spread the virus.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:06 AM

987 posts, read 280,318 times
Quote:
The ridiculous show me your papers nonsense will eventually be lifted…but it’s funny how drivers are required to be vaccinated but not passengers After all, vaccinated folks can get and spread the virus.
No, what’s funny is your hypocritical take on consequences, which is pretty much par for the course for folks of your ilk.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
No, what’s funny is your hypocritical take on consequences, which is pretty much par for the course for folks of your ilk.
Are passengers required to mask up and/or be vaccinated?

Old 03-28-2022, 09:39 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,625 times
Quote:
Are passengers required to mask up and/or be vaccinated?
Quote:
…but it’s funny how drivers are required to be vaccinated but not passengers After all, vaccinated folks can get and spread the virus.
drivers are required to be vaccinated
passengers are not required to be vaccinated

everyone on the bus is required to wear a mask but lately a fair amount of drivers have been working completely maskless for some reason

eventually when the booster shot becomes mandatory every year, PAT will cut more routes and services as more drivers say enough, i'm done with the shots

Old 03-28-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
drivers are required to be vaccinated
passengers are not required to be vaccinated

everyone on the bus is required to wear a mask but lately a fair amount of drivers have been working completely maskless for some reason

eventually when the booster shot becomes mandatory every year, PAT will cut more routes and services as more drivers say enough, i'm done with the shots
Hence another reason the mandate is ridiculous.

I wouldn’t wager on a required booster. I expect the nonsense to end just as many other jobs continue to drop the requirement.

That won’t go over well, either. They’re taking the free stuff away in terms of fares, and when more folks get inconvenienced they’ll complain to no end.

Old 03-28-2022, 01:12 PM

this story continues to fascinate me - why are so many PAT bus drivers not wearing masks but complying with the mandate?

at this point there's like a 50/50 chance my PAT driver will have a mask on when i get on - just took the 64 home back from market district and took this picture - i'm not doxxing anyone because he's got a bus camera like 12 inches from his face

Old 03-29-2022, 02:04 PM

on my way to work the 64 bus driver had no mask on, and on my way home the driver was wearing one

it's 50/50 like i said

i asked the dude driving on my way home what the no-mask thing was about - he said some drivers don't like wearing them and some have been fired for not complying with that rule

he also asked how long i have been riding the bus and if i've noticed how the driver staff has changed - clearly there are a lot of new faces i replied, and he said that's because a lot of the old timers said scr*w this when the covid rules and restrictions started and quit or retired or got fired - or maybe it was because the were afraid of catching covid

either way the whole idea that these maskless drivers i keeping seeing are in compliance with the vaccine mandate but protesting or ignoring the mask mandate is fascinating to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh