Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 04:27 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Republicans need to get back to conservative values. Running on grievance, revenge and conspiracy theories aren’t going to win national elections.

Fiscal conservatism has disappeared. Free market thinking has disappeared. Republicans of today can’t articulate the American dream.
If you feel that way, better get Sleepy Joes approval ratings up because 2022 is going to be a wave of red if you don’t. Let’s go Brandon is spreading.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-18-2021 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 04:34 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If you feel that way, better get Sleepy Joes approval ratings up because 2022 is going to be a wave of red if you don’t.
I don’t feel that way. It is that way.

If you are pro life you are for vaccines. If you want business to thrive you are pro vaccine because you want people to stay working.

Republicans had a good message until they allowed trump to take over. The message went to a sloppy mess at the flip of a switch. That’s what happens when a party evolved around a person and not ideals.

Grievance, conspiracy theories, and ignoring the pandemic aren’t going to win national elections period.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:36 PM

807 posts, read 617,512 times
If the red wave includes lots of Liz Cheney's and Adam Kinzinger's, I could live with that.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:43 PM

1,170 posts, read 592,234 times
Quote:
Lol. I absolutely do, and once again, you’re deflecting to because Trump in a thread about Doyle and possible future candidates….and you’re also deflecting from the question I asked about approval ratings.
I am not the one who suggested a Republican winning this seat. And they won't because, in part, Trump. That is an explanation, not a deflection. Disagree with my explanation all you want but its not a deflection.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
If the red wave includes lots of Liz Cheney's and Adam Kinzinger's, I could live with that.
I would not have a problem with that either. The problem is the current Republican Party isn’t a party of ideals. It’s the party of trump. I am hoping that all of the trump endorsed candidates lose and the candidates you speak of prevail.

The Republican Party is currently a huge mess. They have outcasted the Liz Cheney’s from the party. I never thought I would love to see the day where Republicans dump a conservative icon from the most conservative state in the country for a rep from upstate New York just because she likes him.

The Democrats have a lousy message, but they are less crazy than what the Republicans are putting up. Put up Liz Cheney and kinzingers you have a chance. Put up a ******* with Trump rhetoric you lose.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I don’t feel that way. It is that way.

If you are pro life you are for vaccines. If you want business to thrive you are pro vaccine because you want people to stay working.

Republicans had a good message until they allowed trump to take over. The message went to a sloppy mess at the flip of a switch. That’s what happens when a party evolved around a person and not ideals.

Grievance, conspiracy theories, and ignoring the pandemic aren’t going to win national elections period.
Dems should’ve taken that approach to begin with and endorsed the vaccine. Likely be less skeptical folks.

Lol. The country allowed because Trump to take over by voting for him and it was a wonderful 4 years. Had he not hurt so many feelings he’d still be in office, however, it’s better that he lost. Outside of the border crisis, Afghan debacle, skyrocketing inflation, etc…, folks are realizing they made a big mistake voting for Sleepy Joe, hence his approval rating.

If that’s the case, Dems better turn it around because lots of folks are very unhappy with them, and National elections aren’t in their favor right now.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
I am not the one who suggested a Republican winning this seat. And they won't because, in part, Trump. That is an explanation, not a deflection. Disagree with my explanation all you want but its not a deflection.
Who said you suggested a Republican winning the seat?

Lol. Because Trump is looking pretty good right now with how Sleepy Joe is going. How’s Sleepy Joes approval rating?

Because Trump is your deflection.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
I’d wager against it, but wishing and hoping might prevail for you.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:52 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Republicans need to get back to conservative values. Running on grievance, revenge and conspiracy theories aren’t going to win national elections.

Fiscal conservatism has disappeared. Free market thinking has disappeared. Republicans of today can’t articulate the American dream.
This is actually true. other than the American dream part as it is no question there for the taking.

The problem is out debt and how low interest rates are due to that debt. So we are giving out free money. China is not getting rich on interest rates. Inflation is our issue and Biden is really going in the toilet. He isn't leading anything and is being led and he is more interested in the poor vote and leading them onto a mess. They are easily led however and that has always been the Democratic strong point. They cater to those easily led and not overly bright.

I do think we need a good real Republican to run. They need to be very smart and moderate, but fiscally responsible. Ah, we can dream, but with the leftist media running the show, we are sunk because if you don't live in a fake world and pretend debt is meaningless, you won't even be able to run. We love to kick the can.

We will be in for tough times at some point, but I don't know if we will see soup lines. If we do, crime in black areas will be off the charts and I suggest you get your home ready for it. I am.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Dems should’ve taken that approach to begin with and endorsed the vaccine. Likely be less skeptical folks.

Lol. The country allowed because Trump to take over by voting for him and it was a wonderful 4 years. Had he not hurt so many feelings he’d still be in office, however, it’s better that he lost. Outside of the border crisis, Afghan debacle, skyrocketing inflation, etc…, folks are realizing they made a big mistake voting for Sleepy Joe, hence his approval rating.

If that’s the case, Dems better turn it around because lots of folks are very unhappy with them, and National elections aren’t in their favor right now.
You are delusional. If it was great he would’ve been re-elected. It isn’t hard to understand.

Trump and not taking the he pandemic or vaccines seriously have sunk the Republican Party.

People and business want this pandemic to subside. Refusing vaccination and embracing Trumpism is a losing strategy. Business and the majority of people will back biden and Democrats again. No solutions from the party of trump. Only grievance, revenge, anti vax and conspiracy theories.

Get back to promotion of the American dream and you have a chance. That’s how it was before Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh