Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2021, 07:45 PM

198 posts, read 80,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Who said it wasn’t?
Then what's the issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 07:48 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_lanes View Post
Then what's the issue?
I agree with this it’s free and available. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from.

Starting January 3rd my company is requiring all of those that are unvaccinated to pay for a weekly Covid test. They cannot got to work or visit clients until the negative test results are received. Unvaccinated get no pay for the time they can’t work if they test positive for COVID.

Old 12-21-2021, 07:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_lanes View Post
Then what's the issue?
No idea what your issue is. Nobody said anything about having to pay for the vaccine.

You want open borders but complain about unvaxxed folks. Meanwhile migrants don’t have to get vaccinated, lol.

Old 12-22-2021, 12:35 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
You're playing games with your Australia infatuation, and your one-sided presentation of facts.

Stop calling yourself a conservative if you dont value freedom.
I greatly welcome post 334 (which I will respond to in another post), because it raises the core issue of what it means to be a conservative, or IMO even sane, in the discussion of COVID public health policies. Strangely, I've never seen this important issue raised in all of the COVID threads in which I've participated during the epidemic.

But first I want to know how you put quoted material in quotation windows. Obviously, this prevents anybody from responding to your quoted material using the quote function, which defeats the entire purpose of the quote function. Is this why you've put non-quoted material in a quotation window???

The only way I know how to do this is to quote another post using the quote function, thereby creating a quotation window, then DELETING all of the quoted material and REPLACING it with your own text. I suspect this is the case because I've never encountered this until its appearance in different threads in the last couple months and I know of no other way to accomplish this. Is this what you're doing, or is there another PERMISSIBLE way to insert non-quoted material in a quotation window?

If quoted material is being deleted and replaced with material not from a previous post, it would seemingly blatantly violate the C-D rule against changing quoted material within a quotation window. So I've reported post 334 for moderation and elaboration as to C-D rules on use of quotation windows.

If I have all of this wrong, I would greatly appreciate an explanation of what's being done to insert non-quoted material inside a quotation window. IMO, however this is being done, it greatly diminishes C-D, as it prevents a poster from responding directly to new material being introduced into the debate.

So how are you accomplishing this, and why are you doing it?????????

Old 12-22-2021, 03:29 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I greatly welcome post 334 (which I will respond to in another post), because it raises the core issue of what it means to be a conservative, or IMO even sane, in the discussion of COVID public health policies. Strangely, I've never seen this important issue raised in all of the COVID threads in which I've participated during the epidemic.

But first I want to know how you put quoted material in quotation windows. Obviously, this prevents anybody from responding to your quoted material using the quote function, which defeats the entire purpose of the quote function. Is this why you've put non-quoted material in a quotation window???

The only way I know how to do this is to quote another post using the quote function, thereby creating a quotation window, then DELETING all of the quoted material and REPLACING it with your own text. I suspect this is the case because I've never encountered this until its appearance in different threads in the last couple months and I know of no other way to accomplish this. Is this what you're doing, or is there another PERMISSIBLE way to insert non-quoted material in a quotation window?

If quoted material is being deleted and replaced with material not from a previous post, it would seemingly blatantly violate the C-D rule against changing quoted material within a quotation window. So I've reported post 334 for moderation and elaboration as to C-D rules on use of quotation windows.

If I have all of this wrong, I would greatly appreciate an explanation of what's being done to insert non-quoted material inside a quotation window. IMO, however this is being done, it greatly diminishes C-D, as it prevents a poster from responding directly to new material being introduced into the debate.

So how are you accomplishing this, and why are you doing it?????????
You can use simple tags.
[q] the quoted material [/q]
where I put the q you should write out quote. Write quote inside of the brackets before the material that you want in the quote bubble, and then write /quote inside of brackets at the end of material that you want quoted.

I'm doing it because I'm literally quoting material that I pulled directly from the sources that I linked to. I'm citing the source and clearly delineating the source material versus what I'm writing myself.

Lack of computer skills on your part does not constitute a conspiracy on my part. I'm happy to explain how to accomplish the same thing, which I did for you; but I'm unhappy about your insinuation and running to the moderator over this issue.

Old 12-22-2021, 05:18 AM

Unvaccinated are overwhelming the Cleveland area hospitals.

https://www.wkyc.com/amp/article/new...6-70a424a394c7

Old 12-22-2021, 05:30 AM

Nearly 1 million more Americans died this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/8899157002

Old 12-22-2021, 05:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Nearly 1 million more Americans died this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/8899157002
According to that article it’s not from the virus.

Old 12-22-2021, 05:39 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
According to that article it’s not from the virus.

Headline fear mongering at its finest. Covid hasn't even killed 1 million in the US in the past 2 years.

Old 12-22-2021, 05:47 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Headline fear mongering at its finest. Covid hasn't even killed 1 million in the US in the past 2 years.
I think there is going to be hell to pay when the citizens look at death rates and death from Covid. Nearly 3 million people die each year in the US without a pandemic. Wonder what the numbers are going to show? Better be around 3.4 million deaths or a rise that is significant. If not.....well that will be interesting won't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh