Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 10:45 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
maybe there's a hearing going on downtown worth tuning into

this could have been good but the judge blocked public access

Judge denies bid to bar public from hearing over Pittsburgh International Airport airmall operator's terminated lease

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202206300118

"A judge has rejected an attempt by Pittsburgh International Airport officials to bar the public — and the media — from a hearing Friday to determine whether they had the right to boot the operator of its popular airmall from the terminal.

Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Christine Ward denied the eight-page motion filed by the county’s airport authority Thursday, a spokesperson for the jurist said.

In its motion earlier Thursday, the authority claimed that security-related information to be discussed at the preliminary injunction hearing Friday could jeopardize public safety at Pittsburgh International.

Such hearings typically are open to the public."
Except the thread has nothing to do with that and this is the first post made related to Pittsburgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 10:46 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
maybe there's a hearing going on downtown worth tuning into

this could have been good but the judge blocked public access

Judge denies bid to bar public from hearing over Pittsburgh International Airport airmall operator's terminated lease

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202206300118

"A judge has rejected an attempt by Pittsburgh International Airport officials to bar the public — and the media — from a hearing Friday to determine whether they had the right to boot the operator of its popular airmall from the terminal.

Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Christine Ward denied the eight-page motion filed by the county’s airport authority Thursday, a spokesperson for the jurist said.

In its motion earlier Thursday, the authority claimed that security-related information to be discussed at the preliminary injunction hearing Friday could jeopardize public safety at Pittsburgh International.

Such hearings typically are open to the public."
The judge rejected an effort to close it to the public. Therefore, it is open to the public.

Old 07-06-2022, 10:48 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
The judge rejected an effort to close it to the public. Therefore, it is open to the public.
yeah - another valid point

we should tune in but it doesn't say whether it will be televised or not

Old 07-06-2022, 11:42 AM

987 posts, read 280,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
So what do you love about the biden administration, what has joe biden done to earn your admiration?

I asked you this question many times, how about an answer.
Never said I loved anything about it and never said I admired him.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:31 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,394,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Never said I loved anything about it and never said I admired him.
I was more or less asking independanthinking83 but i thank you for your answer. I know you and i don't agree on much politically but i try not to be so one-sided. I like to hear why people came about there opinions even though i cant really say why i came about mine. My voting record is clinton, gore, bush, McCain, no vote, trump, trump. I feel i am more of a moderate republican who would probably be a Democrat if it was the 1960's

Old 07-07-2022, 06:11 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I was more or less asking independanthinking83 but i thank you for your answer. I know you and i don't agree on much politically but i try not to be so one-sided. I like to hear why people came about there opinions even though i cant really say why i came about mine. My voting record is clinton, gore, bush, McCain, no vote, trump, trump. I feel i am more of a moderate republican who would probably be a Democrat if it was the 1960's
I am not in love with Biden either. I think he’s an average president at best. A big problem is his age. He’s too old, his presidency came 20 years too late in his life. That said he has had some of the biggest issues to deal with of any president the last 50 years.

1. Pandemic
2. Insurrection and refusal of a large chunk of the population to admit he won
3. Russia invading Ukraine
4. Supreme Court overturning a case ruled constitutional nearly 50 years ago
5. More guns than people and gun violence out of control
6. Inflation due to supply chain issues resulting from the global pandemic

And look I don’t want Biden to run again. I also believe most democrats feel the same way as I do.

What folks like you and Erieguy fail to understand is that Biden voters aren’t in love with him and don’t see him is the future. We needed somebody that would rid us of Trump. Biden was not Hillary Clinton nor is he a candidate with a hot political future. Biden won because he was safe and people knew him. And yes the fact he is “sleepy Joe” is a big reason he won. The majority of voters don’t want a tweeting meanie screwball like trump.

If Biden ran in 2016 he would’ve beaten trump then. The Democrats put up Hillary and she lost the electoral college.

And again Biden being elected had little to do with people loving him. Basically it was the total opposite of trump. An old white guy at the end of the road in life that doesn’t tweet. Knows how government works and does get bi partisan legislation passed.

Again people like you and Erieguy need to understand. There was no fixing or illegitimate election. Trump got 47% of the vote in both 2016 when he won and 2020 when he lost. Biden wasn’t Hillary. 8 million votes went 3rd party in 2016, resulting in trump and Hillary both under 50%. That was the most votes for third party in a half dozen election cycles. Neither candidate was loved. Trump won the electoral college with less overall votes than Clinton in 2016. In 2020 trump got the same percentage chunk of voters and Biden had over 50%. 7 million of the 8 million votes that went third party in 2016 went to Biden in 2020. Biden sat in his basement and beat trump without campaigning.

And since 1988 the Republican presidential candidate got more votes than the democratic candidate once. That was 2004. There is no fixing. The majority of this country is mostly democratic. Gerrymandering, the electoral college and each state receiving 2 senators regardless of population is the reason why Republicans have any control at all. If we were a true democracy and not a constitutional representative republic Republicans would never win.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I am not in love with Biden either. I think he’s an average president at best. A big problem is his age. He’s too old, his presidency came 20 years too late in his life. That said he has had some of the biggest issues to deal with of any president the last 50 years.

1. Pandemic
2. Insurrection and refusal of a large chunk of the population to admit he won
3. Russia invading Ukraine
4. Supreme Court overturning a case ruled constitutional nearly 50 years ago
5. More guns than people and gun violence out of control
6. Inflation due to supply chain issues resulting from the global pandemic

And look I don’t want Biden to run again. I also believe most democrats feel the same way as I do.

What folks like you and Erieguy fail to understand is that Biden voters aren’t in love with him and don’t see him is the future. We needed somebody that would rid us of Trump. Biden was not Hillary Clinton nor is he a candidate with a hot political future. Biden won because he was safe and people knew him. And yes the fact he is “sleepy Joe” is a big reason he won. The majority of voters don’t want a tweeting meanie screwball like trump.

If Biden ran in 2016 he would’ve beaten trump then. The Democrats put up Hillary and she lost the electoral college.

And again Biden being elected had little to do with people loving him. Basically it was the total opposite of trump. An old white guy at the end of the road in life that doesn’t tweet. Knows how government works and does get bi partisan legislation passed.

Again people like you and Erieguy need to understand. There was no fixing or illegitimate election. Trump got 47% of the vote in both 2016 when he won and 2020 when he lost. Biden wasn’t Hillary. 8 million votes went 3rd party in 2016, resulting in trump and Hillary both under 50%. That was the most votes for third party in a half dozen election cycles. Neither candidate was loved. Trump won the electoral college with less overall votes than Clinton in 2016. In 2020 trump got the same percentage chunk of voters and Biden had over 50%. 7 million of the 8 million votes that went third party in 2016 went to Biden in 2020. Biden sat in his basement and beat trump without campaigning.

And since 1988 the Republican presidential candidate got more votes than the democratic candidate once. That was 2004. There is no fixing. The majority of this country is mostly democratic. Gerrymandering, the electoral college and each state receiving 2 senators regardless of population is the reason why Republicans have any control at all. If we were a true democracy and not a constitutional representative republic Republicans would never win.
Sleepy Joe said he was going to end the virus quickly so inheriting the plandemic wasn’t a problem. Besides, he wouldn’t endorse the vaccine until after the election and then couldn’t get folks to take it. That’s on him.

There was no insurrection, just a riot.

Russia invaded Ukraine because Sleepy Joe couldn’t keep the peace like his predecessor.

You said Roe v Wade getting overturned was great for Dems

Defending and enabling violent criminals while blaming police has consequences, and it’ll continue to get worse under Sleepy Joe

Skyrocketing Bidenflation is on Sleepy Joe and nobody else

Lol. I never said because Trump won, and using the electoral college as an excuse is hilarious.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:33 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sleepy Joe said he was going to end the virus quickly so inheriting the plandemic wasn’t a problem. Besides, he wouldn’t endorse the vaccine until after the election and then couldn’t get folks to take it. That’s on him.

There was no insurrection, just a riot.

Russia invaded Ukraine because Sleepy Joe couldn’t keep the peace like his predecessor.

You said Roe v Wade getting overturned was great for Dems

Defending and enabling violent criminals while blaming police has consequences, and it’ll continue to get worse under Sleepy Joe

Skyrocketing Bidenflation is on Sleepy Joe and nobody else

Lol. I never said because Trump won, and using the electoral college as an excuse is hilarious.
The only reason we had a Republican president in 2000 and 2016 was due to the electoral college. If there was no electoral college we would’ve had Al Gore and Hillary Clinton in the White House. Bush jr. had 500,000 less votes than gore and Trump had 3 million less than clinton. Quite frankly if we were a direct democracy the last Republican president would’ve probably been Bush Sr. in 1988. The 2004 election would’ve been gore as the incumbent and not bush.

So now you finally admit January 6 was a riot. Good.

The bottom line is nobody saw Biden as the future of the Democratic Party. He ran to get rid of trump. That’s what the majority wanted. And he completed that goal. And right now the country is under minority rule. The Supreme Court and senate does not reflect a majority of the population. Neither does the house do to gerrymandering.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
The only reason we had a Republican president in 2000 and 2016 was due to the electoral college. If there was no electoral college we would’ve had Al Gore and Hillary Clinton in the White House. Bush jr. had 500,000 less votes than gore and Trump had 3 million less than clinton. Quite frankly if we were a direct democracy the last Republican president would’ve probably been Bush Sr. in 1988. The 2004 election would’ve been gore as the incumbent and not bush.

So now you finally admit January 6 was a riot. Good.

The bottom line is nobody saw Biden as the future of the Democratic Party. He ran to get rid of trump. That’s what the majority wanted. And he completed that goal. And right now the country is under minority rule. The Supreme Court and senate does not reflect a majority of the population. Neither does the house do to gerrymandering.
It’s funny how you’re blaming the pesky electoral college. You want to change anything that doesn’t fit your way of thinking.

Lol. I’ve always admitted it was a riot, just like the FBI said. You’re the one calling it an insurrection, which it wasn’t.

Except you said the “Biden train couldn’t be stopped” when he first got elected and his approval rating was high. Funny how you’ve changed your story after countless debacles due to voting for a demented old man that has no idea what he’s doing because his predecessor hurt feelings and made mean tweets…and contrary to your belief, one controversial decision doesn’t represent the majority of the population, hence Sleepy Joes plummeting approval ratings. But folks will still have choices, which is a great thing to have.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:30 PM

468 posts, read 124,072 times
I'm trying to eschew political posts here, but for local color, in listening to Stephen Ayres testimony today, I'll just offer the non-substantive comment, that, having grown up in the Ellwood - New Castle - Youngstown - Warren axis, that accent sounds very familiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh