Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 02:12 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
"Because you didn’t bring him up to begin with"

the ignore feature works, but not perfectly
If one doesn’t want answers to their questions, it would be best not to ask questions. It’s really that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 08:38 AM

468 posts, read 123,597 times
Quote:
i'm still trying to figure out how this thread went on for 54 pages before someone brought up ray epps
I think part of the issue is that this thread was originally created to be tied somewhat to the role of Pennsylvania representatives in the context of the January 6 riot and the lead up to such a riot. Further, posters such as Tony soprano have made irrelevant offhand references to Ukraine in unrelated posts; for example Tony soprano started a post about homeless in Pittsburgh but then made a reference to the fact that why are we spending money assisting Ukraine and we have these homeless people domestically. so therefore I was trying to draw a connection between one of our Pennsylvania representatives who voted against funding Ukraine but who was implicated in the January 6th investigation. To me Epps is a peripheral figure and he would be a fine subject of an actual criminal trial if you had criminal defense attorneys defending a likely guilty client and who wanted to point to any possible fact to try to persuade the jury to find reasonable doubt. Again however in the context of a fact finding bipartisan investigation, epps is a peripheral figure.

In addition I believe if you search there has been reporting about the fact that in the context of the trials of January 6 defendants a judge has made certain disclosures about apps for the purposes of those folks defending themselves. So to the extent there is any connection between apps and government authorities presumably folks who are defending themselves for January 6 have access to judge approved information about whatever apps did or any contact Epps had with government officials I don’t know if any reporting has come out about what the judge shared but there has been reporting that the judge did share information about epps.

Old 07-16-2022, 08:52 AM

437 posts, read 187,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
I think part of the issue is that this thread was originally created to be tied somewhat to the role of Pennsylvania representatives in the context of the January 6 riot and the lead up to such a riot. Further, posters such as Tony soprano have made irrelevant offhand references to Ukraine in unrelated posts; for example Tony soprano started a post about homeless in Pittsburgh but then made a reference to the fact that why are we spending money assisting Ukraine and we have these homeless people domestically.

Yes, I sure did and I stand by that and I don't "stand with Ukraine" and the spending of government WAS germane because I made the point that we can't even keep our own house in order but yet we are funding Ukraine.

So, Tony is to blame for Rap Epps not being brought up for 53 pages of discussion. Got it. I guess I should feel ashamed or something rather.

I'm still waiting for a hearing that's worth tuning in because it sure as hell isn't the circus that is the January 6th hearings.

Old 07-16-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Yes, I sure did and I stand by that and I don't "stand with Ukraine" and the spending of government WAS germane because I made the point that we can't even keep our own house in order but yet we are funding Ukraine.

So, Tony is to blame for Rap Epps not being brought up for 53 pages of discussion. Got it. I guess I should feel ashamed or something rather.

I'm still waiting for a hearing that's worth tuning in because it sure as hell isn't the circus that is the January 6th hearings.
Sorry you feel that way. It’s been incredibly well done in my opinion particularly the last hearing when they covered the December 18 meeting at the White House juxtaposing testimony from several of the participants it was very compelling very well done that’s just my opinion

Old 07-16-2022, 09:07 AM

437 posts, read 187,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
Sorry you feel that way. It’s been incredibly well done in my opinion particularly the last hearing when they covered the December 18 meeting at the White House juxtaposing testimony from several of the participants it was very compelling very well done that’s just my opinion
Well done? It's all about nothing. There was no insurrection. Trump had no role to play in the guided tour of the Capitol. That was likely all set up to make Trump look bad.

This all theater done for and by those who cannot stand Trump and don't want him to run again. That's all this is. A complete waste of time doing and a complete waste of time watching it. One thing Democrats are good at is lying and making it seem like they really believe their lies and I'm certain that this three ring circus of hearing is nothing more than that.

Have they done any investigations into why the security guards opened the doors into the Capitol and waved for the crowd to enter? Have they released all the security camera footage? No and no. I don't even need to watch the silliness to know that those things will never happen.

It's a farce. Total farce and laughable that they are having hearings.

This isn't from CNN or MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, NY Times, Washington Post, etc, but here is some info from Kash Patel, who served as chief of staff to the Acting United States Secretary of Defense:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/sta...41438154080258

Old 07-16-2022, 09:19 AM

1,170 posts, read 535,160 times
rumor is trump has fled to argentina where he has undergone plastic surgery to disguise his indentity

Old 07-16-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
This isn't from CNN or MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, NY Times, Washington Post, etc, but here is some info from Kash Patel, who served as chief of staff to the Acting United States Secretary of Defense:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/sta...41438154080258
looks like a suspicious link - not clicking on that

Old 07-16-2022, 09:02 PM

U.S. Rep. Kelly 'unaware' of former top aide's alleged involvement in Jan. 6 fake-elector scheme

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/na...s/202207160044

"WASHINGTON — The office of U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly says the Pennsylvania congressman had no knowledge of a staff member’s alleged involvement in trying to deliver a slate of false electors to then-Vice President Mike Pence on Jan. 6, 2021, in a last-ditch effort to stop the certification of Joe Biden’s presidential victory.

Mr. Kelly, R-Butler, who continues to be a proponent of the unfounded claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen, was accused last month by Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of playing a part in the ultimately unsuccessful attempt to get the fake elector paperwork from Wisconsin and Michigan into Mr. Pence’s hands.

The office said Friday that it had since conducted an internal investigation of whether staff members were involved, specifically citing former Chief of Staff Matt Stroia, who has been named by Mr. Johnson’s office as the person who had the paperwork.

Mr. Johnson’s alleged involvement in trying to overturn the 2020 election results came into the spotlight after the House Select Committee on the Jan. 6 Attack on the Capitol at its June 23 special hearing focused on the lead-up to the Capitol insurrection, including a plan by Donald Trump’s campaign to get electors in seven key states to sign declarations saying they — not Mr. Biden’s electors — were the rightful members of the Electoral College."

right-wing tinfoil hat conspiracy nut dinesh d'souza would disagree with that claim

2000 Mules

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Mules

"2000 Mules is a 2022 American political film by political commentator Dinesh D'Souza that falsely claims unnamed nonprofit organizations paid Democrat-aligned "mules" to illegally collect and deposit ballots into drop boxes in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin during the 2020 presidential election. D'Souza has a history of creating and spreading conspiracy theories."

rig an election - then call anyone who claims it was rigged a conspiracy theorist

create a false flag at the capitol - then jail anyone who participated in it

isn't "democracy" fun?

Old 07-17-2022, 09:58 AM

987 posts, read 279,352 times
Quote:
U.S. Rep. Kelly 'unaware' of former top aide's alleged involvement in Jan. 6 fake-elector scheme

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/na...s/202207160044

"WASHINGTON — The office of U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly says the Pennsylvania congressman had no knowledge of a staff member’s alleged involvement in trying to deliver a slate of false electors to then-Vice President Mike Pence on Jan. 6, 2021, in a last-ditch effort to stop the certification of Joe Biden’s presidential victory.

Mr. Kelly, R-Butler, who continues to be a proponent of the unfounded claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen, was accused last month by Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of playing a part in the ultimately unsuccessful attempt to get the fake elector paperwork from Wisconsin and Michigan into Mr. Pence’s hands.

The office said Friday that it had since conducted an internal investigation of whether staff members were involved, specifically citing former Chief of Staff Matt Stroia, who has been named by Mr. Johnson’s office as the person who had the paperwork.

Mr. Johnson’s alleged involvement in trying to overturn the 2020 election results came into the spotlight after the House Select Committee on the Jan. 6 Attack on the Capitol at its June 23 special hearing focused on the lead-up to the Capitol insurrection, including a plan by Donald Trump’s campaign to get electors in seven key states to sign declarations saying they — not Mr. Biden’s electors — were the rightful members of the Electoral College."

right-wing tinfoil hat conspiracy nut dinesh d'souza would disagree with that claim

2000 Mules

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Mules

"2000 Mules is a 2022 American political film by political commentator Dinesh D'Souza that falsely claims unnamed nonprofit organizations paid Democrat-aligned "mules" to illegally collect and deposit ballots into drop boxes in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin during the 2020 presidential election. D'Souza has a history of creating and spreading conspiracy theories."

rig an election - then call anyone who claims it was rigged a conspiracy theorist

create a false flag at the capitol - then jail anyone who participated in it

isn't "democracy" fun?

VERDICT

The documentary “2000 Mules” does not provide any concrete, verifiable evidence of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election. Technology and election integrity experts consulted by Reuters also did not find the geolocation, surveillance or any other information presented showed plausible evidence of fraud.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL2N2XJ0OQ

Old 07-21-2022, 08:48 AM

Get ready to tune in tonight Erieguy -- you can learn about what happened between your two favorite pieces of BS:

1. told them to protest peacefully

2. told them to go home (and they left by curfew).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh