Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2022, 03:30 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
When even Fox News isn’t on his side, he’s pretty much fckd.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trum...arch-justified
He’ll be fine, but it’s funny how folks have called Fox News liars and reporters of fake news until it fits their narrative.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:58 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
The only reason this was necessary was because boomers and Gen Xers enjoyed cheap public college tuition, then proceeded to cut their own taxes leading to high tuition costs for the next generations. Oh, and under their watch we saw a collapse in the number of good paying jobs that don't require a degree. I too took out loans and paid them back, and I am not thrilled with this. But people older than me who are responsible for this? Cry me a river.
The only reason we have college so expensive was due to the idiot democrats that said, "everyone should afford and go to college", therefore we will guarantee loans to all. Ah and then the liberal colleges all saw that and say oh my college is now guaranteed for all young people. Then of course the obvious happened due to the democrats not putting caps and such in place, so colleges saw this as a blank check.

DON'T mess with the big dogs that know more than you could imagine. Just read my posts and learn.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:00 PM

1,170 posts, read 592,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Folks always blaming others because they think things are hard, and lol at cheap college tuition. Folks can thank Sleepy Joe for the skyrocketing Bidenflation. This is what folks voted for so suffer the consequences. Student loan relief is a joke. Take a loan, pay it back, but that’s not the Dem way. Continuing to pass out free stuff at the drop of a hat is while taxpayers foot the bill.

Okay, how about we raise taxes on your generation so we can restore the government's share of college costs to the same level as 40 years ago. Deal?

"Free stuff" is a phrase you toss around but clearly have no idea how pretty much anything works. College has never been more expensive and critical for a good job, and you are to blame.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/stude...ion-inflation/

Government was paying a larger percentage of the costs in prior decades, but you probably don't consider it "free stuff" because its not a direct payment or in this case, debt relief. It still doesn't change the fact that you probably had more "free stuff" than people younger than you.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:03 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
He’ll be fine, but it’s funny how folks have called Fox News liars and reporters of fake news until it fits their narrative.
Fox is more real than the other media sites. Take this for example.

All the leftist media machine stated this young high school kid was disrespecting some Indian. Was he? NO! He was waiting for a bus and being heckled by a very RACIST black group called the black Hebrew Israelites. They were HIGH SCHOOL KIDS just standing there. Fox was the only channel that didn't put this kid through a living hell and have death threats and more. Thankfully that kid is a millionaire as he should be due to him suing the leftist media machine that is grooming all our youth and really destroying their lives. Hope they figure it out and rebel someday!

Old 08-24-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Okay, how about we raise taxes on your generation so we can restore the government's share of college costs to the same level as 40 years ago. Deal?

"Free stuff" is a phrase you toss around but clearly have no idea how pretty much anything works. College has never been more expensive and critical for a good job, and you are to blame.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/stude...ion-inflation/

Government was paying a larger percentage of the costs in prior decades, but you probably don't consider it "free stuff" because its not a direct payment or in this case, debt relief. It still doesn't change the fact that you probably had more "free stuff" than people younger than you.
Always love the assumptions, accusations, and sense of entitlement. Yep, and free stuff continues to be thrown out and the lastest trend is student loan relief, which relieves the debt of the borrowers to the taxpayers.

Government didn’t pay any of my college tuition, but love “probably” as it’s right up there with your assumptions, lol.

Folks that don’t want to pay for tuition can learn a trade and have very little debt if any. It’s great to have choices.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:20 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:

Government didn’t pay any of my college tuition, but love “probably” as it’s right up there with your assumptions, lol.
except for the small grants (was that the Pell? and i think it was $500 and I was awarded it twice in my undergrad), i paid it all back.

i paid my graduate school in cash, because i saved long term for it.

so no, i am not loving the school debt forgiveness....why not DELAY it?
better yet, why stop there...college debt is terrible, sure, but so is malnutrition. all college grads get FREE meal tickets for dinner for a year....cuz they might go hungry. hope they dont forget their $800 phone as its dropped underneath the table at Ruth's Chris!

Old 08-24-2022, 08:23 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I like DeSantis better, but he is just a little too far right. Trump is pretty moderate on policy, but isn’t president. Both are better than the idiot in there now however. So glad I paid my college debts for my family to get a future tax to pay for others. Seriously.
Idiot? I rank him among the five or ten greatest presidents. He's very inspiring.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
except for the small grants (was that the Pell? and i think it was $500 and I was awarded it twice in my undergrad), i paid it all back.

i paid my graduate school in cash, because i saved long term for it.

so no, i am not loving the school debt forgiveness....why not DELAY it?
better yet, why stop there...college debt is terrible, sure, but so is malnutrition. all college grads get FREE meal tickets for dinner for a year....cuz they might go hungry. hope they dont forget their $800 phone as its dropped underneath the table at Ruth's Chris!
Entitled folks always want more and think they’re deserving of it. They also love to complain about others that have more than they do.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Fox is more real than the other media sites. Take this for example. ....

pffft, i remember that well, and will never forget it. i believe i ranted about that here on c-data.

it was reported with such shame and sadness....the conclusion of the initial story went something like "how is it there is this racism towards native americans in 2019?", Savannah Guthrie said with such melancholy.

Turns out, the whole thing was nothing like it appeared.....i just deleted a bunch more that i typed here. no use in rehashing it. the incident can be researched online with an easy google search.

and it reminds me of the Duke LaCrosse case, too, which was horrible, just horrible and ugly and it shows the worst in how people are quick to be judge, jury, and executioner, at the cost of due process.

but they were mostly white guys, so...i mean, who cares?

Old 08-24-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Entitled folks always want more and think they’re deserving of it. They also love to complain about others that have more than they do.
sure, but does Biden actually KNOW the word "D E B T"? Does he understand economics?

Does he know that people fall into a spiral of entitlement? I mean, the cap was at a family income of $125,000. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? At that much income, you can manage a 10k debt over time - you have 'padding'.

If it was a cap of, say, $60-75k, i wouldnt be as salty about this.

but this is just crazy and extreme coddling. get a second job. live with mother and father for a year. work OT if available....it can be done. so many of us DID do that. after my undergrad, i paid my rent and had maybe $15 for the next two weeks living in an apartment in Garfield.

i had no notion, no concept that i should be helped by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh