Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2022, 05:34 AM

35,122 posts, read 17,071,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
where do you want to cut? and FIFTY %???

if anything, i think we honestly need to raise taxes across the board. the debt is out of control.
That would be the case if tax increases didn't create a delicious pool of money to waste on pet projects. Having just read The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (though that is a novel) there is real suffering that needs to be addressed. The real-life equivalents of the Joads of that book have no political pull.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:26 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You probably shouldn't have mixed up "effect" and "affect" (post #75) if you were about to insult someone's English (post #77).

Anyway, you've inadvertently hit on a key tenet of Trumpism/right-wing populism, which is, if they can do this stuff to rich people, imagine what they can do to you. That's why when you scoff and say, they don't care about your piddling earnings...it just doesn't land. Not saying the Trump supporters are wrong or right, but their response will often be, if I can't even be reasonably free of this nonsense from my government if I were to become rich, what hope do I have if I don't?
Bingo…their English, comprehension, assumptions, etc…, are most often way off.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:50 PM

1,170 posts, read 594,059 times
Perfect grammar =/= communications skills, if you want to hone in on my "snafu", go for it. On a person with Asperger's would even mention this. But that still doesn't change the fact that no understands what ErieGuys's point was, assuming he had one. Did anyone not understand what I meant? No, move on.

But, OMG LOOOOOOOL, at ErieGuy commenting on "comprehension". Still, "Playing by the tax laws is simply unpopular to many and they cry it’s not fair", no one knows what the hell that means. I have literally zero idea what is supposed to mean.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:57 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Perfect grammar =/= communications skills, if you want to hone in on my "snafu", go for it. On a person with Asperger's would even mention this. But that still doesn't change the fact that no understands what ErieGuys's point was, assuming he had one. Did anyone not understand what I meant? No, move on.

But, OMG LOOOOOOOL, at ErieGuy commenting on "comprehension". Still, "Playing by the tax laws is simply unpopular to many and they cry it’s not fair", no one knows what the hell that means. I have literally zero idea what is supposed to mean.
“No understands”? You contradict yourself with talking about comprehension and grammar of others, lol.

Easy to understand, just not for you. Perhaps it’s the late night and early morning flybys.

Always love the assumptions. Nobody said anything about not playing by the tax laws. Many simply think the rich don’t pay enough in taxes, hence they don’t like the tax laws that the rich use in their favor.

You said “What they cannot do is easily take on the ultra rich with their fancy lawyers and accountants, that is who hates this bill.” Contrary to your belief, they don’t hate the bill. They simply have lawyers and accountants to use the tax laws in their favor….and you deflected from the question, when is Sleepy Joe going to tax the rich like he said he would?

Old 08-15-2022, 06:16 AM

1,913 posts, read 741,861 times
Congress creates laws with personalized tax shelters for billionaires. They don't pay taxes according to any rate. You could raise their tax rate to 100% and they would still pay no taxes. When Congeess says it's raising taxes on the rich, the people who pay the higher rates are childless 20 somethings with above median incomes.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:12 AM

10,901 posts, read 4,566,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Perfect grammar =/= communications skills,

"=/=" is to mean not equal?

In C, which C programmers use then they talk, is "!=" and this ends up in pseudo code all over the planet which is also used for low level design docs.

scripters or people that use notational logic use "neq" or ".neq" or sometimes '-neq' (macro and scripting language)

The rest of the people who were not mathematicians or programmers or logicians just use "<>" which we were taught in school, literally means 'no equivalence'.

"=/=" is a new mnemonic used for hatebook, snapcrap, TWITer etc which means exactly nothing, and for the most part is used by DIPS***s who know no better. Dont emulate them.

As Noam taught us, grammar is not restricted to words.

.lesson off ;-)

Old 08-15-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Congress creates laws with personalized tax shelters for billionaires. They don't pay taxes according to any rate. You could raise their tax rate to 100% and they would still pay no taxes. When Congeess says it's raising taxes on the rich, the people who pay the higher rates are childless 20 somethings with above median incomes.

gotta be careful with that....when you hear someone in govt, or who blindly supports govt( like a vocal biden voter) say "make business owners and corporations pay their fair share", you can be assured they dont know what they are talking about.

net earnings (either NEBT or NEAT) translate directly into 'salaries and benefits for employees' Labor, worldwide, economic system worldwide, is STILL around 70% of the cost of a project.

when you talk about people who accumulate wealth but create or produce exactly nothing...like say the Pelosis in california - they hide behind the tax code by taking economic creation deductions they do not earn.

Is it in a corporations or owned business best interests to take business deductions? yes. If you could not at the very least item 179 expense a bulldozer, then a lot of bulldozers are not going to be purchased and people do not usually joy ride in a bulldozer (unless its a bad remake of 'footloose') so that is a true business expense used to do something for the common good and employ someone somewhere. (I actually did by a bulldozer once or twice and expensed it...)

and also, tax shelters are often willfully mixed/conflated with tax deferred....it is not unethical or illegal to tax defer income to pay the tax later when it is to your advantage...an IRA for 401 are prime examples. the version of build back broke that just got signed, severely limits that so if you are a wealthier 401K saver, you just got hit. I dont mean to be political here AT ALL, but the democrats and ONLY the democrats want to increase the money subject to tax NOW, far earlier, to fund the useless crap. It only hurts you in the end.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:42 AM

987 posts, read 281,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
gotta be careful with that....when you hear someone in govt, or who blindly supports govt( like a vocal biden voter) say "make business owners and corporations pay their fair share", you can be assured they dont know what they are talking about.

net earnings (either NEBT or NEAT) translate directly into 'salaries and benefits for employees' Labor, worldwide, economic system worldwide, is STILL around 70% of the cost of a project.

when you talk about people who accumulate wealth but create or produce exactly nothing...like say the Pelosis in california - they hide behind the tax code by taking economic creation deductions they do not earn.

Is it in a corporations or owned business best interests to take business deductions? yes. If you could not at the very least item 179 expense a bulldozer, then a lot of bulldozers are not going to be purchased and people do not usually joy ride in a bulldozer (unless its a bad remake of 'footloose') so that is a true business expense used to do something for the common good and employ someone somewhere. (I actually did by a bulldozer once or twice and expensed it...)

and also, tax shelters are often willfully mixed/conflated with tax deferred....it is not unethical or illegal to tax defer income to pay the tax later when it is to your advantage...an IRA for 401 are prime examples. the version of build back broke that just got signed, severely limits that so if you are a wealthier 401K saver, you just got hit. I dont mean to be political here AT ALL, but the democrats and ONLY the democrats want to increase the money subject to tax NOW, far earlier, to fund the useless crap. It only hurts you in the end.

Tax churches, and absolutely increase tax on hedge funds, etc. who produce nothing but make billions trading stocks.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Tax churches, and absolutely increase tax on hedge funds, etc. who produce nothing but make billions trading stocks.

to what result?

Quote:
Private equity and hedge funds are generally structured as pass-through entities, allowing them to pass their entire tax obligation along to their investors or limited partners. Investors report their share of the fund's income (or losses) on their individual tax returns.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:48 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,398,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Why not run government more efficiently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh