Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 03:31 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Maybe you don’t get in the city at all? When Trump was elected there were daily riots in the streets for 4 1/2 years. At least weekly with Pittsburgh police giving them complete freedom to block streets and more. Like drinking people’s beer attacking people and just unlawful behavior. Dragging people out of cars happened as well. It amazes me how selective people’s memories are. Wow.
I live and work in the city. There were protests but I would not say weekly. This was during the shut down so it had little impact on my life. There is nothing wrong with peaceful protests. One protester allegedly drank someone’s beer. Get over it. I do not recall the car dragging or did you add that for drama? Get over yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 03:46 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I live and work in the city. There were protests but I would not say weekly. This was during the shut down so it had little impact on my life. There is nothing wrong with peaceful protests. One protester allegedly drank someone’s beer. Get over it. I do not recall the car dragging or did you add that for drama? Get over yourself
Quite the low standards as it was often not peaceful, and with loser protesters harassing elderly folks while they eat and drink. Sad what folks approve of.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:04 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
you forgot the assault on the bicyclist? a skateboard to the head.

ok, this wasnt kristallnacht exactly, but we saw the video. they, the idiots marching up penn avenue, were waiting and hoping for a spark to really let loose. now say otherwise, apologist extraordinaire.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
you forgot the assault on the bicyclist? a skateboard to the head.

ok, this wasnt kristallnacht exactly, but we saw the video. they, the idiots marching up penn avenue, were waiting and hoping for a spark to really let loose. now say otherwise, apologist extraordinaire.
Bingo…too bad more victims aren’t equipped to let a spark loose.

Old 09-05-2022, 07:22 AM

987 posts, read 279,352 times
Quote:
The right is totally innocent with regards to current times and situations? The left did it? Please GG. This has to be the most vile, toxic, scared white man post I’ve read yet. You are paranoid and fearful that black people will do what white men have been doing for some time now. What’s good for the goose……

Bingo.

Old 01-10-2023, 10:58 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
So Gainey wants to hire more police.. but wait.. lol. OMG this man is too busy partying and dining to have a clue about running a city. He is a joke. So what is it Gainey? City residents are going to learn a lesson...or will they? I am thinking there is no learning due to them being blind to reality. I miss Peduto on a lot of levels, but he sucked with police relations as well. Violent crime will continue to rise and more and. more teens will murder. Our new norm. I blame voters as they embrace our trajectory.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/targ...OLB4PJS5U4B6I/

Old 01-11-2023, 07:23 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
So Gainey wants to hire more police.. but wait.. lol. OMG this man is too busy partying and dining to have a clue about running a city. He is a joke. So what is it Gainey? City residents are going to learn a lesson...or will they? I am thinking there is no learning due to them being blind to reality. I miss Peduto on a lot of levels, but he sucked with police relations as well. Violent crime will continue to rise and more and. more teens will murder. Our new norm. I blame voters as they embrace our trajectory.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/targ...OLB4PJS5U4B6I/
So playing my own devil's advocate, we have had two mayors that seem to have conflicted with police. Violent crime is on the rise. Something is broken. I don't think the woke idea works with city police as you can't really have this much violence and be a successful city. Downtown is an embarrassment now. It has a very third world feel. It died. Gainey doesn't have experience and he isn't someone to seek out investment like a Murphy. I am still searching for a quality of his, yet can't find any. What the heck were city residents thinking? At least Peduto has some vision.

Old 01-11-2023, 08:27 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
Quote:
So playing my own devil's advocate, we have had two mayors that seem to have conflicted with police. Violent crime is on the rise. Something is broken. I don't think the woke idea works with city police as you can't really have this much violence and be a successful city. Downtown is an embarrassment now. It has a very third world feel. It died. Gainey doesn't have experience and he isn't someone to seek out investment like a Murphy. I am still searching for a quality of his, yet can't find any. What the heck were city residents thinking? At least Peduto has some vision.
It's really a joke. It's been over a year in office. What is Gainey's vision or hope for this city? I see nothing but conflict, homeless druggies and a downtown still nowhere near what it needs to be.

Old 01-11-2023, 09:52 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times
Just leave the place for the criminals.

Old 01-11-2023, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Just leave the place for the criminals.
Just get rid of the meanie police and replace them with social workers that were so touted. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh