Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 10:06 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I'm sure they have due to my higher taxes. They are buying shrimp, filet and the best beer money can by of course all while sitting on their cans smoking a J. Meanwhile the working people pay for the losers. For me, I have enough it doesn't matter, but for the middle and lower middle, they struggle due to the privileged food stamp folks.
Nobody sits at home. That is a Regean era myth. Most people work. Some earn more than others. You’re overly focused on other peoples shopping carts. Mind your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2022, 08:11 AM

1,912 posts, read 738,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Nobody sits at home. That is a Regean era myth. Most people work. Some earn more than others. You’re overly focused on other peoples shopping carts. Mind your business.
You've got a whole demographic who have adopted the dumb 12 year old look conveniently displayed by the fraud Sam Bankman Fried or the freaks you've seen in the Biden admin. They're not self supporting. They're losers.

And some of them were doing very bad things on message boards.

As Musk says, a private company acting by itself to suppress free speech is not a 1st amendment violation, but acting under orders from the government to suppress free speech, with no judicial review, is.

If you got money to suppress speech and the origin of that money is the Democrat Party or the government itself, you can be sued by everyone you affected. See how Karma pays you back? And the evidence is forever.

Last edited by Reggiezz; 12-03-2022 at 08:21 AM..

Old 12-03-2022, 08:41 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
I posted this a while back, but I suspect there are a lot of new readers here. If you want to know what permits are being applied for here is a site for it. Need to get back on track somehow.

https://pittsburghpa.agencycounter.com/?tab=map

Old 12-04-2022, 04:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Isn't it amazing how some people think there taxes are paying for all these people on welfare?

Here are some good statistics on PA's population: Spotlight on Poverty and Opportunity

Old 12-04-2022, 04:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Isn't it amazing how some people think there taxes are paying for all these people on welfare?

Here are some good statistics on PA's population: Spotlight on Poverty and Opportunity
Where does the money come from for folks on welfare, and please be specific?

Old 12-10-2022, 03:25 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post

Could you elaborate more. I am asking because I might learn something and hope to. Thanks. No I am not kidding or joking when I am asking. You may know more than I on this subject. I know that would be rare on here as I...well...., but on the subject of people that can't provide for themselves, I am not that well versed.

Thanks.

Old 12-16-2022, 03:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
The Hills snack bar is coming back as a food truck

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/hil...vania/42259311

Old 12-16-2022, 04:20 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,696,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The Hills snack bar is coming back as a food truck

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/hil...vania/42259311
This I absolutely love! The smell was indescribable. Nothing healthy at all about anything being offered but it's still a cool idea.

Old 12-16-2022, 04:45 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
This I absolutely love! The smell was indescribable. Nothing healthy at all about anything being offered but it's still a cool idea.
My family used to make many trips to Hill's in Uniontown back in the 1960s. I have no nostalgia for their snack bar. I doubt I ever ate there.

Old 01-19-2023, 07:55 AM

1,170 posts, read 535,924 times
Philly, Pgh. among U.S. cities with lowest real minimum wage

https://www.penncapital-star.com/gov...orning-coffee/

"Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are among the American cities where the buying power of the minimum wage has decreased because of rising prices and inflation, according to a new report.

Despite repeated legislative pushes to raise it, Pennsylvania’s statutory minimum wage of $7.25 an hour remains tied to the federal minimum wage, which hasn’t been raised since 2009. Meanwhile, five of Pennsylvania’s neighboring states — Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio all were set to raise their minimum wages this year.

In Pittsburgh, where the cost of living is lower, the minimum wage is worth a nominally lower $7.20 an hour, according to the SmartAsset analysis.

As was the case with his predecessor, Democrat Tom Wolf, Pennsylvania's new Democratic Gov. Josh Shapiro has called for raising the state's minimum wage to "at least $15 an hour — period."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh