Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 10:16 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times

Advertisements

And here we go. Our air quality will no doubt suffer even more in this area being that we are downwind from the plant.

https://www.wtae.com/article/dep-say...ation/42249275

They sure benefitted from Tom Wolf's $1.65 billion tax credit. I'm all for jobs and businesses, but this is not a good location for Pittsburgh. Best to keep an eye on air quality in our area. It isn't going to get any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2022, 11:00 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,694,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
And here we go. Our air quality will no doubt suffer even more in this area being that we are downwind from the plant.

https://www.wtae.com/article/dep-say...ation/42249275

They sure benefitted from Tom Wolf's $1.65 billion tax credit. I'm all for jobs and businesses, but this is not a good location for Pittsburgh. Best to keep an eye on air quality in our area. It isn't going to get any better.
Wow that was quick. The paint is barely dry and they're already in violation of DEP regs? I thought this was a horrible idea for the Beaver area. Which generally was a pretty little town with a cute powder blue bridge. Now all you see going over the bridge is the cracker plant. For making plastics that won't be recycled for the most part.

Old 12-16-2022, 01:06 PM

987 posts, read 279,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Wow that was quick. The paint is barely dry and they're already in violation of DEP regs? I thought this was a horrible idea for the Beaver area. Which generally was a pretty little town with a cute powder blue bridge. Now all you see going over the bridge is the cracker plant. For making plastics that won't be recycled for the most part.

It's not just there...the beautiful places that I like to ride motorcycle out in the country are more and more becoming industrial wastelands with fracking wells, terrible roads due to the heavy trucks that are constantly driving on them. Not to mention how bad it must be for the people that live nearby that likely have contaminated water because of it.

Old 12-16-2022, 01:16 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
It's not just there...the beautiful places that I like to ride motorcycle out in the country are more and more becoming industrial wastelands with fracking wells, terrible roads due to the heavy trucks that are constantly driving on them. Not to mention how bad it must be for the people that live nearby that likely have contaminated water because of it.
Where are these terrible roads you speak of that have gotten that way by heavy trucks driving on them, and please be specific?

What areas nearby have contaminated water, and likely because of it?

With Pittsburgh water, air quality, terrible roads, etc…, one would think they’ve been fracking for decades in the area… and let’s not forget Fetterman said he’s all for fracking.

Old 12-16-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Where are these terrible roads you speak of that have gotten that way by heavy trucks driving on them, and please be specific?

What areas nearby have contaminated water, and likely because of it?

With Pittsburgh water and air quality one would think they’ve been fracking for decades in the area… and let’s not forget Fetterman said he’s all for fracking.
WTF does Fetterman have to do with anything?

One of the worst is Rt 286 near Beaver Run Reservoir. Used to be a fantastically smooth road all the way out to Indiana, PA, and now it's full of heaves and potholes near the gas wells.

Old 12-16-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
WTF does Fetterman have to do with anything?

One of the worst is Rt 286 near Beaver Run Reservoir. Used to be a fantastically smooth road all the way out to Indiana, PA, and now it's full of heaves and potholes near the gas wells.
You’re obviously against fracking yet you voted for someone that’s for it.

So one road. Small price to pay. I’m sure they’ll get around to fixing it. Where’s the contaminated water, and likely due to fracking?

Old 12-16-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
You’re obviously against fracking yet you voted for someone that’s for it.

So one road. Small price to pay. I’m sure they’ll get around to fixing it. Where’s the contaminated water, and likely due to fracking?
Yes, I'm not a one issue voter. I'm not part of a cult.

Yes one road off the top of my head. There's more.

They haven't got around to fixing it over the last 5 years, but I suppose there's no reason this year won't be the year, right? lol

Old 12-16-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm not a one issue voter. I'm not part of a cult.

Yes one road off the top of my head. There's more.

They haven't got around to fixing it over the last 5 years, but I suppose there's no reason this year won't be the year, right? lol
Yet you’ll pull the D lever no matter what and you voted for someone that supports what you’re complaining about.

Let us know if there’s more than 1. After all, roads get fixed all the time so only coming up with o1 shows it’s certainly not as big a problem as you’re portraying.

Where’s the water contaminated that you speak of, and likely from fracking?

Old 12-16-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Yet you’ll pull the D lever no matter what and you voted for someone that supports what you’re complaining about.

Proof that I'll pull the D lever no matter what, and please be specific.

Old 12-16-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Proof that I'll pull the D lever no matter what, and please be specific.
Why the continued deflection from your statement about water being contaminated likely due to fracking? Folks should really be made aware of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh