Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:49 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,728 times

Advertisements

Dogs running loose in a town or city just seems wrong. Unsafe to the general public and unsafe to the dogs themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 11:07 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempfield mania View Post
My dog walks with me around my neighborhood leash free all the time but, she is well behaved and listens to our commands. Constantly get compliments of what a good dog we have from people we pass by. Can't ask for much more from a blind in one eye 2 year old mutt we got from a no kill shelter (White Oak Safe Haven) that had just rescued her from a kill shelter on the morning of her day of reckoning. But I agree, if your pet can't be controlled, it needs to be on a leash.

The only problem we have ever had in the neighborhood was when the neighbor's dog from across the street got loose and came into our driveway and attacked our dog while she was off leash. Put a nice hole in our dogs ear and even chased our dog into our garage. A kick to the ribs got the neighbor's dog off of ours just as my neighbor was running over. Both dogs were fine, in the end and haven't had any other problems so that was the end of it.
Not a good idea,because you have no control over her if she decides to bolt. also you could be fined by a not to understanding cop.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 AM

145 posts, read 301,558 times
All dogs good or bad should be well watched and leashed. I learned the hard way a few years ago,I let my toy poodle at the time (vary old ) no teeth and almost blind go out side to potty on my deck out front and not thinking about her taking off she would not or worrying about her hurting any one (no teeth) I went back to doing my dishes next thing I know I hear her scream and yes it is a scream (a sound I will never forget) my neighbors pit bull came on my porch and drug my 6lb dog off the steps and was killing her well if it was not for my husband she would have died then but instead she got stiches all over her (48 total) and(3) tubes put in her so she could drain infections an $480.00 in vet bills ."did not get a dime from the pit bull owner no fault nether dog on a leash" To make my feelings on the subject heard I feel no matter how good or sweet your dog is a leash will keep the humane focused on there dog and make you more aware of what other dogs are up to.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:28 AM

23 posts, read 73,560 times
I have always been a dog lover. But after being attacked by a PitBull, I am frightened of all dogs not on a leash. Even well behaved small dogs make me nervous.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 PM

780 posts, read 1,384,002 times
Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
That's what they all say.
And it is true in this instance. It is what it is and I will take responsibility for anything that happens.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:15 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy36win View Post
Shouldn't the title of this thread be Irresponsible owners?
That's the first thought that came to my mind!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
Dogs running loose in a town or city just seems wrong. Unsafe to the general public and unsafe to the dogs themselves.
Wrong, unsafe, and just plain stupid. The funny thing is, most of these dogs you see are well taken care of, dressed in stupid things like sweaters, etc, but let them run loose in a 600 acre city park.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:01 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
I will take responsibility for anything that happens.
You better bet you would.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 AM

780 posts, read 1,384,002 times
No worries here bro.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:51 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
No worries here bro.
What if your dog mames or kills some one, it goes far beyond responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh