Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 10:59 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,228,484 times

Advertisements

Two amphitheaters planned for city's opposite shores

I am glad to see this. I have spent many pleasant summer evenings down there. There will be no competition with the new North Shore venue. No such thing as too much entertainment and vibrancy for the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 11:40 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
Two amphitheaters planned for city's opposite shores

I am glad to see this. I have spent many pleasant summer evenings down there. There will be no competition with the new North Shore venue. No such thing as too much entertainment and vibrancy for the city.
Awesome, I miss the old tent amphitheater at Station Square. I saw many a good shows at that place.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:37 AM

911 posts, read 2,374,732 times
one thing the city needs is a year round concert venue that holds 3 or 4 thousand people cause all we got is little clubs and the arena and the pete and the stadiums and pg pavillion
we need a mid sized venue and because we dont a lot of shows dont come to pittsburgh

why do we need 2 outdoor venues the same size across the river from each other

build the station sq amp and build a indoor venue on the north shore

Old 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,228,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
one thing the city needs is a year round concert venue that holds 3 or 4 thousand people cause all we got is little clubs and the arena and the pete and the stadiums and pg pavillion
we need a mid sized venue and because we dont a lot of shows dont come to pittsburgh

why do we need 2 outdoor venues the same size across the river from each other

build the station sq amp and build a indoor venue on the north shore
Pittsburgh had two great acoustically sound places like this that catered to rock concerts for the most part. There was the Stanley Theater, now the Benedum, and the Syria Mosque in Oakland, now a parking lot near the PAA on Bigelow. They were both in the 3000 seat range. Such a place does not exist now. There is the Palumbo, but acoustics are questionable. It was built as a large gynnasium, not a concert hall. BTW, the North Shore venue will be indoor and slightly smaller in winter. Maybe will have our new Stanley Theater for the colder months.

Last edited by nuwaver88; 02-13-2009 at 01:49 PM..

Old 02-13-2009, 01:46 PM

911 posts, read 2,374,732 times
i remember the Syria Mosque
i seen testament and slayer there many years ago
that was a cool place to see a show

the palumbo center sucks
they dont sell beer there

Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times
I think (from what I understand), the amphitheater on the North Shore is supposed to be both indoor/outdoor, which may fill the void Pittsburgh has needed for a long time. I'm eager to see more info on both projects.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:13 PM

803 posts, read 2,969,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
i remember the Syria Mosque
i seen testament and slayer there many years ago

Testament & Slayer . . . . at a Mosque?!?!?!?!?!?!

:-O

Methinks me head is about to stroke-out again!......

Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM

803 posts, read 2,969,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I think (from what I understand), the amphitheater on the North Shore is supposed to be both indoor/outdoor, which may fill the void Pittsburgh has needed for a long time. I'm eager to see more info on both projects.
I think to be a true "world-class" American city, Pittsburgh MUST get an amphitheater closer to downtown than the current monstrousity out near Robinson & the Airport... having a vital downtown area is crucial to keeping young people involved with the city itself, and not to mention having something like that easily reached by public transportation would help increase revenues on every day an event is held.... a win/win!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh