Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM

22 posts, read 48,850 times

Advertisements

I have looked around in the forums and havent found what I am looking for. So hopefully someone can help me. My husband has gotten a job in Delmont so we are moving in a coulple of weeks from AR. I am trying to decide on which towns I would like to move our three kids and two dogs to. We have a 7th grader and a 9th grader. My ninth grader is big on volleyball and softball, so thr schools needs to have those two sports. And my kids are in all AP classes here so we would like them to stay in those type of classes if possible.I know we dont want to be in a town to small that has no shopping stores. I have never been this far northeast so I don't even know what any towns are like. So what I am asking is what town is safer,cleaner,friendlier, and has good schools.My husband will be gone alot so I don't want a town that I will be scared in. And also which town would have the best opp. for us to find a rent house with a yard. Thank you for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,730,884 times
My recommendation is Uniontown, PA.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:00 PM

4 posts, read 9,001 times
Monroeville or Murrysville

Old 07-08-2009, 05:49 AM

2,421 posts, read 2,292,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
My recommendation is Uniontown, PA.
Why would you suggest Uniontown,It's about a 50 mi or more commute? Why not Greensburg?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:55 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,568,614 times
Murrysville.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 AM

567 posts, read 1,166,412 times
Most of the area out there is suburban, with fine schools and lots of shopping in the form of strip malls: Monroeville, Penn Twp, Murrysville, etc. So you won't have much a problem finding schools, yards, or shopping.
If you want a walkable or traditional town, you can try Greensburg or Irwin.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:36 AM

44 posts, read 117,149 times
Why not Delmont? It is a nice town. It actually has more of a actual town feel then Murrysville or monroeville that are just suburban housing plans. Delmont either goes to Murrysville's Franklin regional, or Greensburg Salem. Both are good middle/upper class suburban schools. Both would offer your kids equal oppertunities to a good education. I grew up close to Delmont, and it is a very reasonable town right on the edge of what I would call the Pittsburgh Metro. Also, if you choosed Delmont, your husband isn't driving far from work. Something that American's hate these days though. Most Americans will live 30 miles away for work just for the inconvenience.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:37 AM

129 posts, read 409,984 times
AP classes for a 7th grader?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,721,290 times
North Huntingdon Township (near Irwin), Murrysville, Greensburg

Old 07-11-2009, 08:58 AM

22 posts, read 48,850 times
Thanks for all yalls input. I checked some of these towns out and yall all are right they do sound like wonderful towns. And my husband just now started sending me pics so now I think I will wait on getting a place till I get up there and check it all out. And to answer your question, ddietrich, yes my seventh grader is taking AP classes and my ninth grader has been taking AP classes since seventh grade and now she is taking high school classes and started accumilating credits to graduate. Their smart kids I am proud of them. Thanks again to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh