Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't know if any other transplants have noticed this, but I find the Pittsburgh cartons of iced tea thing fascinating. Like, I've heard of/seen contractor type guys go into convience stores and buy cartons of iced tea for the day. Maybe I didn't notice it, but I don't recall cartons or gallons of iced tea being available in the dairy case of the grocery store anywhere else that I've lived. There was Snapple, but nothing like Turners. But generally, if you wanted iced tea, you made it.
Turners, Deans, Swiss, Mmmmmm..... I'm one of those guys once in a while, I like my cushy sales rep job I have right now though Funny that you mentioned this, when I lived in NC I didn't notice the cartons of iced tea either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:22 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,231,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Turners, Deans, Swiss, Mmmmmm..... I'm one of those guys once in a while, I like my cushy sales rep job I have right now though Funny that you mentioned this, when I lived in NC I didn't notice the cartons of iced tea either.
Colteryahns and Turkey Hill are the brands at CoGos next to my house. They now have green tea with ginseng and honey iced tea in a half gallon carton for those trendy contractor and landscaper types.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:56 AM

211 posts, read 548,675 times
There is a possibility we will be moving to Belle Vernon (never been there). Can anyone tell me about the area? Do you like living there? Things to do? Must see and do things in the surrounding areas? Thanks for your help and Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-26-2009, 12:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't know if any other transplants have noticed this, but I find the Pittsburgh cartons of iced tea thing fascinating. Like, I've heard of/seen contractor type guys go into convience stores and buy cartons of iced tea for the day. Maybe I didn't notice it, but I don't recall cartons or gallons of iced tea being available in the dairy case of the grocery store anywhere else that I've lived. There was Snapple, but nothing like Turners. But generally, if you wanted iced tea, you made it.
Since it was brought up on this thread, I specifically checked at my local grocery store, and they do sell these cartons of iced tea. I don't remember the brands, don't buy it like that. They also have iced tea in vending machines here, "here" meaning Colorado.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:24 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Since it was brought up on this thread, I specifically checked at my local grocery store, and they do sell these cartons of iced tea. I don't remember the brands, don't buy it like that. They also have iced tea in vending machines here, "here" meaning Colorado.
I think we have them in Virginia as well.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:59 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,713,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I think we have them in Virginia as well.
I can't believe anybody anywhere thinks they live in the only place that has cartons of iced tea for sale.

Next topic: Pittsburgh has this awesome place to eat. It's called McDonald's...

Old 11-27-2009, 07:05 PM

331 posts, read 673,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I can't believe anybody anywhere thinks they live in the only place that has cartons of iced tea for sale.

Sarcasim runs deep in this one.....

Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Everyone lost control of themselves after someone CLAIMED it's not sold where they live.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:49 AM

524 posts, read 1,036,693 times
Quote:

Too funny.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM

75 posts, read 140,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_vaughan View Post
Anyone know about the area hospitals? Like I said originally...I want some action so tell me where all the good stuff goes! What medical centers are respected? Where would you take your grandma? Where would you want to go if you got robbed at gunpoint and then run over by a bus? Any fellow nurses out there? What is the pay like? Thanks for all your help and look forward to chatting more! Rochelle
You inquired about hospitals in Pittsburgh. You have 3 level 1 trauma centers, UPMC Presbyterian, UPMC Mercy, and Allegheny General Hospital. There are basically two major health systems in the city, UPMC and West Penn Allegheny. Each one of the 3 trauma centers get their fair share of GSWs and MVAs. Due to their location in the city, they all have "rough" neigborhoods nearby that supply them with their fair share of action.

I work at Allegheny General and handle all the incoming ambulance reports and paging of the trauma and stroke teams. If you have any other questions in regards to the hospitals in Pittsburgh, feel free to ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh