Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,591,863 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any auto part retailer in the area that might carry Dodge OEM parts? My 2005 Neon needs a cam sensor and I don't want to get the generic parts from AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts. My choices are kind of limited as I live in Greensburg, perhaps there may be something out there without having to buy it online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 04:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Have you tried the junk yards?

Old 11-11-2009, 12:35 AM

No I haven't. Besides, it would be better if I bought one that's new.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:48 AM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,868 times
Not really a junkyard type of part, one that I'd trust anyway. Most Neon's in the yard I frequent are pretty well worn out.

Anyhow, How much do you expect to save? An off the shelf sensor will probably last you long enough unless you plan to keep the car a good while longer. I've a couple older Chrysler products that are now in their second (and third) decade of service with many chain store aftermarket parts.

Also, who diagnosed the problem and who gets to do the work?

Old 11-11-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzwell View Post
Not really a junkyard type of part, one that I'd trust anyway. Most Neon's in the yard I frequent are pretty well worn out.

Anyhow, How much do you expect to save? An off the shelf sensor will probably last you long enough unless you plan to keep the car a good while longer. I've a couple older Chrysler products that are now in their second (and third) decade of service with many chain store aftermarket parts.

Also, who diagnosed the problem and who gets to do the work?
The ones that my dealership carries range around $60, so I'd be willing to pay about half. The reason I'm leaning towards the Dodge parts is because from what I've been hearing regarding the Neons not liking the off-the-shelf sensors. Not to mention I had bought a cam sensor from Advance Auto Parts and had my friend install it but a few weeks later, my CEL light came on and my engine was sputtering like it did before it was replaced. My friend's a mechanic (not the one who installed it) and he scanned it and told me it was the sensor. It could be a bad connection or the sensor itself, but if it was a bad connection, I would think that the light would be on indefinitely.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:20 AM

889 posts, read 2,575,277 times
Look at discountmoparparts.net. They are a brick and mortar dodge/chrysler dealer somewhere in NH. All the Dodge and Chrysler parts catalogs are online and you can look up any part. You can also call them if any questions. I've ordered stuff from them a few times, I get the UPS shipment in two days (in SE PA) if the part is in stock, they will email you back if it needs to ship to them from a dodge/chrysler distribution warehouse. Prices are pretty good last time I compared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: