Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Some of us Conservatives are against abortion for ourselves, but do not wish to tell others what to do. Unlike Liberals who want us ALL to get abortions.
Did you really just assert that liberals want everyone to have an abortion? Did you really? That just might be he MOST ridiculous and baseless post I've EVER seen here on CD. How can the person making such an assertion ever be taken seriously again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 11:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I used to feel that way..let other's choose and fund it under the conditions the Fed has set forth. I was ok with that.

Then I got a dose of reality....

My son is 19 and told me of a friend (female) who was also 19 yet just got her third abortion. I asked him why she didn't take any precautions either before or right after since this is so freely available, even to teens via school requiring no parental involvement. He didn't know but told me she's the type that doesn't think ahead. Several other girls he knows have also had abortions.

These are still kids..in their teens and seem to be treating abortion like a form of birth control. This is the next generation of adults here who, in my mind, treat an abortion as "no big deal".

Freedom to choose is not always wise. I don't know what the answer is to the abortion issue. Has it become so accepted by the younger generation that conceived life is "no big deal" and can just be discarded because you took no responsibility, no precautions and can easily get out of being pregnant ?
My husband worked for an OB/GYN and one day she told the staff a woman came in to find out why she could not get pregnant. After the doctor examined her she had to tell her the reason was from the scar tissue left over from her abortion. The woman told the doctor she could not judge her and the doctor said she wasn't judging her, she was telling her why she could not get pregnant.

People think they are free to do what they want but they learn freedom is never free. It has it's consequences (everything has it's consequences) so be prepared to live with them.

Maybe this woman can adopt some "unwanted" baby a girl decided to bring to term and let live.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 AM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
My husband worked for an OB/GYN and one day she told the staff a woman came in to find out why she could not get pregnant. After the doctor examined her she had to tell her the reason was from the scar tissue left over from her abortion. The woman told the doctor she could not judge her and the doctor said she wasn't judging her, she was telling her why she could not get pregnant.

People think they are free to do what they want but they learn freedom is never free. It has it's consequences (everything has it's consequences) so be prepared to live with them.

Maybe this woman can adopt some "unwanted" baby a girl decided to bring to term and let live.

way more to this story for sure.. most agree abortion does not cause scar tissue that results in being unable to get pregnant

here is some info about fertility and abortions. from a religious site
Do Abortions Cause Infertility?

another site
Does a past abortion affect my chances of getting pregnant? | BabyCenter

Old 07-17-2010, 12:03 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Some of us Conservatives are against abortion for ourselves, but do not wish to tell others what to do. Unlike Liberals who want us ALL to get abortions.

uh no... Liberals want the CHOICE (that means ALL choices, abortion/ adoption/ keeping the baby) available.

some of you cons can't even be truthful in what liberals "want".

Old 07-17-2010, 12:04 AM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
uh no... Liberals want the CHOICE (that means ALL choices, abortion/ adoption/ keeping the baby) available.

some of you cons can't even be truthful in what liberals "want".

lots of stories of conservatives being against abortion until it happens in their family.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The government has already intervened (the Supreme Court), a decision that affects all the States. As a conservative I would prefer that the voters in the Sates affected would decide. In other words, let the citizens decide what goes on in their State. So, leaving it to the local level makes for "smaller government."

No this will always BE a federal issue. Abortion issues do not belong to the decision of the states and its people (majority doesn't decide the rights of the minority)

Old 07-17-2010, 01:50 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
way more to this story for sure.. most agree abortion does not cause scar tissue that results in being unable to get pregnant

here is some info about fertility and abortions. from a religious site
Do Abortions Cause Infertility?

another site
Does a past abortion affect my chances of getting pregnant? | BabyCenter
There was no reason for her to lie. No one had any agenda, they just worked there. We all know our lifestyle affects our health like what we eat, etc. I would suspect some scar tissue is left over from an abortion and can affect future fertility. Maybe this woman was the unlucky one like rolling the dice. No one knows if they will be the unlucky one.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:02 AM

so? her story may be unique (and she went to a bad doctor who di the procedure wrong) but that doesn't mean the thousands of abortions done daily ends up causing infertility in women.

She may have had a pre-existing condition prior to getting pregnant or having the abortion that caused the scar tissue.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:26 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
As I posted in another thread:

If we ban abortion, then we must also ban in-vitro fertilization.

In-vitro fertilization DELIBERATLY produces embryos that will never be brought to term. The embryos that are not used are frozen forever or eventually flushed down the drain. Following the reasoning put forth by the pro-lifers, this is murder.

Actually, using in-vitro is worse than abortions. Abortions usually happen because of a mistake. Using in-vitro is a deliberate act that results in the death of any unused ebryos.........or should I say BABIES.

Do you pro-lifers out there condone killing 10 babies so you can get one?

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Easy.. because we look at abortion as murder... We don't look at it as a womans choice for her body, we look at it as a woman choosing to murder an innocent life....
Exactly. It is murder and the worst kind of murder at that. It is the murder a poor innocent,defenseless child who will never get a chance at life. Pro-choicers try to justify it but it cannot be justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies