Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 PM

4 posts, read 4,936 times

Advertisements

I voted for Obama in 2008 and had such high hopes for him. I have only voted in one other election and am a young man but I really thought Obama would have been doing a better job. I am embarrassed when I think about where I was and what I was doing two years ago. I bought an Obama t-shirt and everytime I would wear it I would get fist bumps and high fives from people at the grocery store. Everyone I knew wanted Obama to be the next president and this made it easy for me to connect with people. At the time, it was cool to like Obama and it brought people together. We would argue with anyone who did not like Obama and would think they were just stupid. I now avoid some of those same people I would argue with. I look back on my behavior during the 2008 year and just feel embarrassed about it.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:53 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodburger100 View Post
I voted for Obama in 2008 and had such high hopes for him. I have only voted in one other election and am a young man but I really thought Obama would have been doing a better job. I am embarrassed when I think about where I was and what I was doing two years ago. I bought an Obama t-shirt and everytime I would wear it I would get fist bumps and high fives from people at the grocery store. Everyone I knew wanted Obama to be the next president and this made it easy for me to connect with people. At the time, it was cool to like Obama and it brought people together. We would argue with anyone who did not like Obama and would think they were just stupid. I now avoid some of those same people I would argue with. I look back on my behavior during the 2008 year and just feel embarrassed about it.

Well, to be honest, you should be embarrassed. There was no indication he would do a good job, so you shouldnt of expected any different. To many people voted for him, based off the fact, they thought it would be cool to vote for someone that was half black.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:56 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Then don't do it again.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:58 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,970 times
Quote:
goodburger100 !!! ...

Confession Is Good For The Soul ! Now just don't make the same mistake again in 2012 ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times
Hmmm...2 posts....registered this month?

Who were you before you were banned?

Old 06-07-2010, 06:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Did you do any research into the candidates at the time ?
Did you do YOUR OWN research to see what his background was, his accomplishments and if his campaign promises were in line with his past accomplishments ?

You say you're young..maybe you just got caught up in the "propaganda machine" like the majority of others did. Don't feel embarrassed; feel educated in politics and vow never to be caught up like that again.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:11 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,312 times
I don't like obama, or any other politician. They promise things they know they cannot deliver. THey are narcissists. Liking any politician shows that people aren't being rational. They are all self serving n arcissists.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:11 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Hmmm, obviously a plant from the RNC trying to cause mischief among the Obama faithful.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,202,988 times
To the OP: Waaaal......just in case you are "fer real", just learn from this mistake and don't let yourself be caught up in hype and false hope again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Hmmm, obviously a plant from the RNC trying to cause mischief among the Obama faithful.
There are, no doubt, plenty of political shills from the "other side" here.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,485 times
I still remember all the arguments I got into and all the hateful comments directed at me when I pointed at Obama supporter t-shirts and asked the question... "Yes we can what?"

I never once got an answer that didn't either involve a sexual activity, a question on my mother's marital status, the race card (my favorite since I then showed them the picture of my Asian wife), or the ever popular "We are making history!".

Ah good times, good times.... wait, no they weren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies