Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Colombian football team already robbed in South Africa, Obama sends feds to protect USA team | EUTimes.net

Big surprise. They got tired of murdering farmers decided to rob some soccer teams.
Is there a link to this story in a credible news source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 08:18 PM

328 posts, read 196,014 times
That is a credible news source. You can't pick and choose what you think is credible. The story checks out simple as that. First its Fox news now its the European Times. Maybe you should contact cnn and get them to cover some stories like this.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
That is a credible news source. You can't pick and choose what you think is credible. The story checks out simple as that. First its Fox news now its the European Times. Maybe you should contact cnn and get them to cover some stories like this.
Sorry, it's not what I think is credible, or what you think is credible either. If only one news article claims something out of thousands of international sources, it's probably not true. Right? Make sense?

The robbery story checks out in an elaborate story at a responsible source, WORLD CUP 2010: Colombian football team robbed in South Africa | Mail Online

and I saw it's at usatoday and so forth, so that story we can say is true.

But I dont yet see anything outside the EU Times about Obama sending federal troops to guard the US players. If you do, please post it.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Why would they post something about him sending feds to protect them, That would indicate there is a severe enough crime problem in S.A a majority black nation, he would never do that.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Why would they post something about him sending feds to protect them, That would indicate there is a severe enough crime problem in S.A a majority black nation, he would never do that.
Because it would be news, it would sell papers.

If there are guards protecting the US team "every time they leave their hotel rooms" as the EU Times claimed, someone would notice, wouldnt they? And call the newspapers?

And how would the EU Times know that Obama deployed troops to the World Cup, when no one else knows?

Please dont post any more "news" from there unless you can verify its claims with a responsible source.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:24 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to South Africa?

Old 06-13-2010, 08:25 PM

Yeah I am sure they would call the papers. But my point is he doesn't want to make it seem like S.A is a horrible place which it is. That combined with S.A being mostly black kind of makes sense he wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire that blacks are more prone to violence.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Have you ever been to South Africa?
Nope I hope to go some day I want to visit Orania.The last safe haven for whites in S.A.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Yeah I am sure they would call the papers. But my point is he doesn't want to make it seem like S.A is a horrible place which it is. That combined with S.A being mostly black kind of makes sense he wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire that blacks are more prone to violence.
So when the hotel desk clerk sees all this, and calls the papers -- then what happens? How does Obama squelch the transmission of news to every source in the world, all convened in this city for the World Cup -- except to the EU Times?

A world exclusive story, and they hide it back here in a couple of nothing paragraphs with no byline, no description, no photos, and no proofreading even.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:33 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Nope I hope to go some day I want to visit Orania.The last safe haven for whites in S.A.
Figures. Actually Orania is about preserving Afrikaner culture. Are you Afrikaans, if not why would you want to go there? There are many whites in South Africa who are not Afrikaans, nor are they racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies