Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:32 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,222,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What an ignorant, neanderthal attitude.

Is it legal to threaten a census worker's life who knocks on your door during normal daylight hours with a gun? NO, I think not. IT'S A FELONY, you genius. It scares me that such irresponsible, poorly informed people as you are lugging around lethal firearms.

Here are some examples of what I sincerely hope will happen to you when you decide to put your stupid plan into action:

Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

Felony assault charge filed after alleged gun threat » Local News » The Free Press, Mankato, MN

answering the door with a firearm in hand when strangers come calling is not a stupid plan, it is called being prudent. as far as those stories you linked, 1 was about a guy who broke into his landlrds apartment and commited burgarly and the other was abut threating his mother while outside his home/apartment.

I did not say i would do either, i just said i would answer the door with firearm in hand if strangers come calling, even if said strangers were census workers.

just because i have a firearm in hand does not mean they or you would ever see it. it helps to be able to fire a pistol with either hand with proficiency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 08:33 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,899,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Oh look still can't accept the fact they lost an election!

We all lost with most of the last dozen elections, you just don't know it yet . The illegal is just one of the traitors,imo, many before him .

Old 06-13-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Liberals didn't come up with the census. Had McCain won the election, there would still be a census.

and i would have only answered 1 question, enumeration. nothig else.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,212,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
We all lost with most of the last dozen elections, you just don't know it yet . The illegal is just one of the traitors,imo, many before him .
Oh you're a birther too LOL.....

Old 06-13-2010, 08:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,281,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Engineers should save for rainy day . Maybe he should ask the libs for help, OH I forgot they only give away other peoples money !
who says that my friend didn't. which is why he went back to school. but geez, 1 year out of a job, with no one hiring for what he is qualified for, he has decided that after 20 years, he has to pursue another line of work, just so that job opportunities are higher; so he went back to school. Still, he needs money to survive, and if he has to rely on govt assistance until he has a job, then he's fine with that.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:25 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,708,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
and you'd can be arrested for doing so.

Answering the Census is in the Constitution and therefore LAW. You are violating the law by threatening a census worker as well as not filling out the census
They wouldn't know who was on the other side of the door--maybe they always answer the door with a gun when a STRANGER is knocking.

I just don't answer the door--if I'm expecting you, I'll wait for you outside. If I'm NOT expecting you, you don't get in.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:39 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,831,423 times
If they didn't want someone knocking, they should have just filled out the damn form
There was a thread before on this and it was shocking how many people outright refused to fill out the form. Reasons from they don't want to government knowing their personal information they hate obama, feel they are "sticking it to the man" and other ridiculous things. Even posting videos of them lying and disrespecting the workers for what? Some people are complete morons.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
If they didn't want someone knocking, they should have just filled out the damn form
There was a thread before on this and it was shocking how many people outright refused to fill out the form. Reasons from they don't want to government knowing their personal information they hate obama, feel they are "sticking it to the man" and other ridiculous things. Even posting videos of them lying and disrespecting the workers for what? Some people are complete morons.

I did fill out the form, the 1st question as required by the Constitution.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,708,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
If they've come, it must have been when I was sound asleep. I didn't fill it out, and have no intention of doing so. But I haven't heard anyone knocking. Perhaps they assumed that the apartment was vacant, since it came addressed to "Resident"--and that's not my name.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:46 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,151,078 times
Just tell them you are an illegal alien and they WONT MAKE YOU FILL OUT A THING............ law doesnt apply to illegals you know and NO one can make them do a friggin thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies