Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 01:30 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times

Advertisements

Again I don't mind that this thread is going on but I honestly have to say, If this thread doesn't belong in the religion forum then I seriously don't know what does go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
LOL. I don't know ANY christians IRL who believe this nonsense. Is it like a particular sect or something? Rabid fans of the "Left Behind" series? People who ONLY know the "Left Behind" series and nothing else? I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:09 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
LOL. I don't know ANY christians IRL who believe this nonsense. Is it like a particular sect or something? Rabid fans of the "Left Behind" series? People who ONLY know the "Left Behind" series and nothing else? I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the laugh.
It's self-indulgence that has been going on for centuries. They all seem to think the end will come at any time (or even go as far as to predict dates) yet it never happens. Every generation has had these navel-gazers.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 AM

338 posts, read 310,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
[...] I do believe with everything in me that it is the time of the end, when Jesus does come to claim His Bride, and it is very, very near...just too many things happening all around me that tells me so...

If you are so sure of that, why don't you rejoice, for you will be with your God soon.

Why then do you (or especially Roysoldboy) still concern yourself with petty human politics? Are you afraid that you will be LEFT BEHIND because you didn't believe enough?
Why don't you leave earthly matters to us atheists who will stay down here anyway?

I really would like an answer from you to this question (and if ROB would chip in, too, all the better).

Quote:
who rather bow down and rub shoulders with foreign, third world dictators and share tea with them and talk about the latest soccer game, or exchange a good communist book...or whatever

Quote:
[...]not welcoming him to the White House with the dignity and respect that a President should show to ALL Foreign Dignitaries
Contradict much?

Quote:
[...]when what he really wants is to turn them into his mighty militia..enforcing Martial Law against we the people

Prove it or stop lying to the people.

Quote:
Yes...we, (believer's) who walk in and obey God's will and His commandments, know this is but one of the many signs...LOOK UP!...for your redemption draweth nigh!
What sign? Up where? When is nigh?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
How dare you worship these false idols! The Flying Spaghetti Monster is going to seek noodley vengance on you all!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:54 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
How dare you worship these false idols! The Flying Spaghetti Monster is going to seek noodley vengance on you all!

I was wondering, if half of Australia is going to hell for nicknaming an Aussie Rules footballer, "god"?
(yeah, he was THAT good)

Old 06-16-2010, 04:02 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I am ready. fuuny how some have to preacher their relgious ahte evrytime a htread comes up asking such a question. Shows why the forfather put protections in for religions in the constitution.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:31 AM

Flying Spaghetti Monster > your god

And if you are right and I do go to hell, it looks like there'll be some entertaining people there. All the Jewish comedians. Most liberals. Sounds like a better place than heaven!

Like they say "it only feels like an eternity"

Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 AM

And I was raised under the religious cloud. Around age 16 I realized it was all hoarding sheep and fashion shows with propaganda.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:03 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinsky View Post
How dare you! He is preaching the truth and you all refuse to listen. If only people would listen to those who try to help the world would be a better place for all of us.
Whos truth, only if one believes the Bible is the word of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies