Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,552,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where is the link showing BP threatened to shut down operations?

Oh I see, if it doesn't start off blaming Obama or the Democrats your eye sight goes.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...p-workers.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,245,822 times
I was listening to a guy today on the radio discussing how he was hired to go to Louisiana to manage 12 machines (which would sit on a barge), which would suck up the oil... He's been sitting all week, waiting for the environmental impact studies to be completed on the sucking up of oil. So far, he's received permission to operate one of the barges, and he's been there 2 weeks..

Old 06-17-2010, 05:54 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,877,439 times
Quote:
TRY sticking to the topic for once, which is the CG ordered the barges sucking up the oil to stop, so they could check life vests.
Thank you for letting us know that you're not just against safety being a priority, you're willing to shout your lungs out demonstrating it.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
One has life long effects, (i.e. the lack of repiration gear), the other one will cause people to get wet.. I'd say they arent close..

So let me see if I understand this....Out at sea, surrounded by oil, using a vaccum to suck up toxic fumes will have absolutely no affect on the respiratory? Thats what your saying with medical certainty?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I was listening to a guy today on the radio discussing how he was hired to go to Louisiana to manage 12 machines (which would sit on a barge), which would suck up the oil... He's been sitting all week, waiting for the environmental impact studies to be completed on the sucking up of oil. So far, he's received permission to operate one of the barges, and he's been there 2 weeks..

And you don't believe that it should be known the construction of these barge and the safety to those running them around this massive oil spill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So let me see if I understand this....Out at sea, surrounded by oil, using a vaccum to suck up toxic fumes will have absolutely no affect on the respiratory? Thats what your saying with medical certainty?
I think you just validated my point and the need for respiratory gear.. Thanks for playing...

9,855 posts, read 11,960,951 times
BP is a villan right now and anyone and everyone who can claim injury while working on spill cleanup will do so. That's just the way human beings roll. 24 hours in the grand scheme does not justify . You might think that I look silly for going off on a rant but you look positively pathetic with attempt after attempt to link every human failure that takes place within the borders of the United States to Barack Obama. Talk about having too much time on ones hands.

H (I take it back about hoping your side get control of this country.)

H

Old 06-17-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
TRY sticking to the topic for once, which is the CG ordered the barges sucking up the oil to stop, so they could check life vests.

They were NOT just checking for life vests, they were also checking for the person or person's that constructed the barge.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
And you don't believe that it should be known the construction of these barge and the safety to those running them around this massive oil spill?
If this was taking place under Bush.. I dont think you'd be making up excuses to explain why one couldnt send out barges and then RADIO and ask them if they had life vests on board, and if not, send some out in another boat..

Old 06-17-2010, 05:57 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,877,439 times
Quote:
And let me guess... this was on right wing radio. Does that oil sucking machine also happen to be the Koseqs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies