Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Friggin incredible. For 24 hours, as the oil continued to seep into the water and on shore, the obama administration got a bug up their a**. They needed to check if the barges had life-vests and fire extinguishers.

Truly incredible. If one didn't know better, one might believe the obama administration WANTS the oil in the water, on the land.

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

Quote:
Eight days ago, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal ordered barges to begin vacuuming crude oil out of his state's oil-soaked waters.

Sixteen barges sat stationary today, although they were sucking up thousands of gallons of BP's oil as recently as Tuesday.

"The Coast Guard came and shut them down," Jindal said. "You got men on the barges in the oil, and they have been told by the Coast Guard, 'Cease and desist. Stop sucking up that oil.'"
Along Gulf Coast, Governors Ask, 'Who's In Charge?'

Apparently, not obama.

Obama has assembled his expert team, which includes the Nobel winner, Chu (who knows not a thing about that which he lords over) and there they sit, analyzing EVERYTHING to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Friggin incredible. For 24 hours, as the oil continued to seep into the water and on shore, the obama administration got a bug up their a**. They needed to check if the barges had life-vests and fire extinguishers.

Truly incredible. If one didn't know better, one might believe the obama administration WANTS the oil in the water, on the land.

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

Along Gulf Coast, Governors Ask, 'Who's In Charge?'

Apparently, not obama.

Obama has assembled his expert team, which includes the Nobel winner, Chu (who knows not a thing about that which he lords over) and there they sit, analyzing EVERYTHING to death.

I read the entire article, first of all didn't see anything about Obama ordering. With that said, there was a thread started earlier today where another poster was blasting BP for threatening to shut down cleanup due to concerns over safety gear. From what I see in this article, thats exactly why the Coast Guard shut stopped the clean up as well. By the way, their back at the task in hand and thats cleaning up the oil.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
What would you know about what Chu doesn't know? You lord over P&OC and I don't see much there that has any basis in fact. Spin, spin, spin, I hope all this negative spin pays off and you get the Right Wing Conservative of your dreams to finish the country off. Yes, that's right. I am hoping that the right get their way and the chains come off the corporations and government is privatized to a fare thee well. I can say that because I know that it won't change my life materially either way. It won't change yours either but hopefully you will think it does. Bottom line: you will look real silly drumming up dirt on an extant administration. At least that's my hope. A guy can hope can't he?

H

Old 06-17-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
What would you know about what Chu doesn't know? You lord over P&OC and I don't see much there that has any basis in fact. Spin, spin, spin, I hope all this negative spin pays off and you get the Right Wing Conservative of your dreams to finish the country off. Yes, that's right. I am hoping that the right get their way and the chains come off the corporations and government is privatized to a fare thee well. I can say that because I know that it won't change my life materially either way. It won't change yours either but hopefully you will think it does. Bottom line: you will look real silly drumming up dirt on an extant administration. At least that's my hope. A guy can hope can't he?

H
TRY sticking to the topic for once, which is the CG ordered the barges sucking up the oil to stop, so they could check life vests.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:45 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
You gotta be kidding me.

They are lying anyway, he is making sure his corrupt buddies in the unions are in place to get the work and the money.

Obama is a massive and compulsive liar and a scam artist.

He cannot be trusted and this reasoning is just a way to keep people away from another real reason.

Does this man screw up everything he does or what?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
TRY sticking to the topic for once, which is the CG ordered the barges sucking up the oil to stop, so they could check life vests.

So checking the cost guard checking and ensuring safety is not as important as BP threatening to shut down clean up efforts for safety?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You gotta be kidding me.

They are lying anyway, he is making sure his corrupt buddies in the unions are in place to get the work and the money.

He cannot be trusted and this reasoning is just a way to keep people away from another real reason.

What are you ranting about? Do you even know? Did you read the article? Why didn't you rant in the thread where BP threaten to shut down clean up for the very same reason?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So checking the cost guard checking and ensuring safety is not as important as BP threatening to shut down clean up efforts for safety?
Where is the link showing BP threatened to shut down operations?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You gotta be kidding me.

You've said it not me, thanks for thinking as i am. He seems to have a diversion does he not! You beta he cannot be trusted, Unfortunately, you are not kidding me.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
One has life long effects, (i.e. the lack of protective gear), the other one will cause people to get wet.. I'd say they arent close..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies