Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:07 PM

469 posts, read 580,364 times

Advertisements

I believe Israel has a right to exist. I also believe Israel has the right to pound Hamas into sand. For me it’s a no brainer. I don’t even think about it. And then I realized not even thinking about it might be a problem. I’m willing to revisit my opinion on Israel. If anyone here would like to make the case for or against or anything in between on the subject of Israel. I promise to have an open mind. I don't want to talk about Jews. The religious or race factor is irrelevant to me. Any opinion that includes stuff about God’s wrath or the chosen people will probably be ignored. As well, this isn't a poll. If you have an opinion fine, back it up with facts. I give thanks to anyone who takes this seriously and is willing to help me challenge my own beliefs and opinions on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 10:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,877,439 times
I think Palestianians and Israelis, both have the right to exist. What about you? Just Israelis?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,716,830 times
I agree with you and the fact that Hamas is devoted to the destruction of Israel sadly means that Hamas simply can't exist in peace with Israel. It is such a huge complex question that I can't give you a much better answer though.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:15 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,790,240 times
Yes, they do.....for how ever long they can.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:19 PM

469 posts, read 580,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I think Palestianians and Israelis, both have the right to exist. What about you? Just Israelis?
It's my understanding that the original plan was an Israeli and Palestinian state side by side. But Palestinians refuse, encouraged to refuse by other Arab states. This is why their is no state of Palestine. Do I got it wrong?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,343,374 times
Both Israel and Palestine have a right to exist since they were both created by the UN back when the UN wasn't quite what they have become. The US pushed very hard to get Israel and that is a large part of the reason we continue to back them.

It is certainly Hamas that needs to be done away with but they were legally, I guess, elected. It is so sad that once they finally got rid of Arafat that Hamas had to get in his place to keep things going on.

I am wondering when Iran will be able to push Hamas into something more than they have done so far. I wonder about a lot that has to do with Iran. Today, Sec of Defense Gates said that we will probably see multi-missile attacks of Europe by Iran in less than 10 years. Why worry about Israel when it is Iran we have to fear?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:21 PM

615 posts, read 546,876 times
I'm not concerned if Israel exist or not. I'm concernd with our financial and military aide to Israel, and our blind support. As long as we blindly support Israel there are going to people who want to punish us for it.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,343,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
It's my understanding that the original plan was an Israeli and Palestinian state side by side. But Palestinians refuse, encouraged to refuse by other Arab states. This is why their is no state of Palestine. Do I got it wrong?
You have it 100% right. Except for the fact that it is not the Palestinian people who are to blame but whoever is governing them. Those people have been tools of other Arab nations for so long that most of them know nothing else mainly because they weren't around 62 years ago.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,174,812 times
Sorry. You can't have a discussion about Israel without a discussion of religion, God, Jews, etc. Well, you can, but you're not looking at the issue from a historical context. You're simply looking at it from a post-1940's standpoint, which is woefully inadequate for a discussion on Israel.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:27 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,877,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Palestinians refused to see their land partitioned and creation of Israel, hence the war. Losing war shouldn't imply disappearance of a nation. And now, we're talking two little strips of disconnected lands.

Israel refuses a two state solution. Clearly, they want Israeli existence and don't care for Palestine. Not surprising that the feeling is mutual. Anything that comes to Israel as a result, is their own making, just as it was for Palestine when it refused formation of a second state as Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies