Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:19 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Ah yes The Man has single handedly passed laws without the aid of the Congress as called for in the Constitution. Look for the reference to il Duce in this link to see what I am talking about. Also look for the reference to a phone call the author had with a White House official about another of the Obama unConstitutional acts. Very interesting to be told by an official from the White House that the President needs no laws to act.

I would like to call attention to the picture of The Man that looks so much like il Duce to go along with how the two men acted and one is still acting.

The American Spectator : Our Caudillo President
Seriously. Bush is out of office. The danger is mostly passed. You don't have to keep bashing him and his unconstitutional acts.

oh, wait...those were okay...but anything that YOU don't agree with is unconstitutional? Now that's funny. Nah, not really...but the whining is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 12:23 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
It's sick that people defend BP because they hate the president.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, BP agreed on its own to set up the account. Obama can't force them to.

All they did was sit down at the negotiation table and hammer out a deal that did them both good: Obama got the win and a tangible symbol of doing something for those whose jobs have been impacted in the Gulf; and BP got much better clarity on their long-term liability, clarify that the government does not wish to seek policies that push the company into bankruptcy, and a step toward rebuilding their public image.

BP could have said, "Hell no, we'll see you in court", and that would be that. But BP obviously did the public relations calculation and decided that obstructing Obama's request would look worse for them than doing it. They know that they're cooked anyway; they are GOING to pay for it, and there is no way out of that. It's a matter of doing it willingly today or being turned upside down and having the dollars forced out of their pockets tomorrow.

You wanted a president to act aggressively and do something, not hang out on the golf course...here you go. Try to make the case now that he's in bed with Big Oil the way our former president was.
Either he climbed in bed with them or he forced them to do what they did. I don't see how you can avoid those two choices for this one. Well, he does want the crisis to remain a crisis so he can make some more ruled outside what Congress does but then people who trust Emanuel and Axelrod won't likely see that.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
After reading the article I went searching for the consequences of the POTUS breaking the law and found this by Judge Napolitano;

"It should be against the law to break the law. Unfortunately it is not.

In early twenty-first century America, a long-standing dirty little
secret still exists among public officials, politicians, judges, prosecutors,
and police. The government—federal, state, and local—is
not bound to obey its own laws."

I am no constitutional scholor but it appears that somebody missed something when the rules were being written. Somebody please enlighten me...
THEY have avoided the Constitution all they can ever since the Coronation and I don't see them backing down now. He is actually passing laws without the Congress being involved. il Duce all over again.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:36 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Either he climbed in bed with them or he forced them to do what they did. I don't see how you can avoid those two choices for this one. Well, he does want the crisis to remain a crisis so he can make some more ruled outside what Congress does but then people who trust Emanuel and Axelrod won't likely see that.
The people who climbed in bed with Big Oil would be the Republicans over the past decade who have let the corporations get pretty lax and the MMS agency deteriorate into a joke. That didn't all start with Obama.

It's very simple: he said to them, "Pay into the fund, or go public with an explanation to the American people why you are resisting paying for the suffering you have caused them. Your choice."

They wisely picked the former.

Now what laws exactly has Obama "passed" without Congress? Specifics, please.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBell View Post
I did read the entire article. You are taking advantage of the author's improper use of grammar and misleading people by exploiting it. Again, just like Fox
When will you manage to explain the just like Fox crap? When will you manage to show some examples of him taking actions of Congress and enforcing them?

Lets take a peek at his attempt to kill the Arizona law with his "see you in court" bit to them. He is going to sue them in some federal court for trying to enforce a law that has been in effect since 1986 without one President trying to enforce one bit of it other than amnesty. He had his chance to enforce that thing and instead is going to sue Arizona for trying to do it for him. This law he passed just wasn't ever going to be enforced by him and now he is backing down.

Barack "I am the law" Obama is making up rule after rule without being in contact with the Congress, well maybe the two leaders of Congress, but the Constitution gives law making powers to the Congress and charges the President with law enforcing. He needs to put his Constitutional knowledge to work toward enforcing it and stop making rules or laws outside what he is charged with by the Constitution.

Your accusation of the author is just more left handed attack on the messenger without saying word one about the message. Why is this? I say it is just another left handed attempt to protect il Duce or "I am the law" Obama whichever applies.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:39 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
THEY have avoided the Constitution all they can ever since the Coronation and I don't see them backing down now. He is actually passing laws without the Congress being involved. il Duce all over again.
I watched a video in another thread about the Constitution where it was said that we the people are responsible when Government goes awry of the Constitution. I just wonder how, besides the vote, that we can prosecute politicians when they go against the Constitution?

We have had runaway government for more than a year and a half but it seems this POTUS is throwing it out the window.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We wanted our president to act presidential, to lead the oil containment and recovery effort, not act like a Chicago thug, and coerce this deal out of BP.

We know how the left loves tyrants and thugs, you guys cannot get enough of Mao, Che and Castro.
There a number of tyrants besides this bunch of Communists you could include. il Duce, (Mussolini), and so on to the worst of them who was elected just as Mussolini was. I won't say the name because THEY all know it.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Should be have presidentially and Constitutionally waterboarded them in secret offshore prisons?

Oh wait, that was another president.

We know how the right loves to pull up historical names and ideologies that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the current situation as a smokescreen for their lack of common sense.
And yet YOUSE people keep bringing up Bush and Cheney to blame for the mistakes of Prince Barack of Hopenchange.

None of Prince Barack's appointees have ever mentioned Mao as their idol, have they?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:43 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
The people who climbed in bed with Big Oil would be the Republicans over the past decade who have let the corporations get pretty lax and the MMS agency deteriorate into a joke. That didn't all start with Obama.

It's very simple: he said to them, "Pay into the fund, or go public with an explanation to the American people why you are resisting paying for the suffering you have caused them. Your choice."

They wisely picked the former.

Now what laws exactly has Obama "passed" without Congress? Specifics, please.
You may want to read this and reconsider your position.

NYT: MMS Still Granting Drilling Permits and NEPA Waivers Despite “Moratorium”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies